Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > window.open() doesn't open new Window in Opera

window.open() doesn't open new Window in Opera

PC HUA

I'm using window.open() in the function:
function xyz_DoFSCommand( Cmd, args)
which is called by a flash animation.
It opens the given page in a new window (browser). This's working fine in
IE. But it doesn't show anything in Opera7.

What can I use for Opera in order to open a page in a new window or
browser?

thanks
Phuoc Can HUA

--
_/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\_
www.huaonline.com

Ivo

"PC HUA" wrote
> I'm using window.open() in the function:
> function xyz_DoFSCommand( Cmd, args)

Interesting name.

> which is called by a flash animation.
> It opens the given page in a new window (browser). This's working fine in
> IE. But it doesn't show anything in Opera7.
> What can I use for Opera in order to open a page in a new window or
> browser?

They usually adhere to the same window.open(). Are you sure the problem is
not with the flash script, or with some popup-blocker? If that is not the
case, either rename your function or show us more code.
Ivo

PC HUA

On Wed, 19 May 2004 01:35:14 +0200, Ivo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> They usually adhere to the same window.open(). Are you sure the problem
> is
> not with the flash script, or with some popup-blocker? If that is not the

No, not sure You could be right that Opera has blocked some pop-up
windows features by default because I have noticed that IE shows more
pop-ups for the same site.

> case, either rename your function or show us more code.

I didn't put all my codes only because I didn't want to confuse people
with irrelevant information. The complete code can be found on the page

www.folksfun.com/folksKJ (click on the magazine)
There might be some inconsistent naming in the codes because I have copied
them from my other pages

PC HUA

--
www.huaonline.com