Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > <script language="JavaScript" for="window">

<script language="JavaScript" for="window">

Amir

What the for="window" is used for in the <script> tag?
TIA

Grant Wagner

Amir wrote:

> What the for="window" is used for in the <script> tag?
> TIA

<url:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...cts/script.asp
/>
specifically:
<url:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a.../htmlfor_0.asp
/>

Note that "This property is defined in World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C) Document Object Model (DOM) Level 2", however I'm not
certain Gecko-based browsers honor <SCRIPT FOR="..." ..>.

--
| Grant Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)>

* Client-side Javascript and Netscape 4 DOM Reference available
at:
*
http://devedge.netscape.com/library/...ce/frames.html

*
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ence_entry.asp

* http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-deve...upgrade_2.html

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Grant Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Amir wrote:
>
>> What the for="window" is used for in the <script> tag?

> Note that "This property is defined in World Wide Web Consortium
> (W3C) Document Object Model (DOM) Level 2", however I'm not
> certain Gecko-based browsers honor <SCRIPT FOR="..." ..>.

Microsoft is being a little optimistic here. The "for" attribute is
*not* defined in W3C DOM 2 DOM. It is an HTML attribute for label
elements (the associated DOM property is called "htmlFor" since "for"
is a keyword in most languages). There is no "for" attribute for script
tags in HTML, and no similar property on DOM script elements.

/L