Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Creating tabs in javascript (newbie)

Creating tabs in javascript (newbie)

droog

Hello,

At work I got a simple project where I need to create a tabed page in
javascript. Would anybody have any simple sample code for me to
analyze and learn from.

tia

Ivo

"droog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello,
>
> At work I got a simple project where I need to create a tabed page in
> javascript. Would anybody have any simple sample code for me to
> analyze and learn from.

Hi,
Among many others is
http://www.4umi.com/web/javascript/tab.htm
(from a script I found at www.freejavascript.fr.st a long time ago)
HTH
Ivo

Ron

Ivo wrote:

>Hi,
>Among many others is
>http://www.4umi.com/web/javascript/tab.htm
>(from a script I found at www.freejavascript.fr.st a long time ago)
>HTH
>Ivo

Heya Ivo,
That "tabbed" page doesn't show me any tabs and has no functionality
beyond the Front Tab on my end (Mozilla 1.7b). I think the code needs
updating.

Michael Winter

On Thu, 06 May 2004 03:19:05 GMT, Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ivo wrote:
>
>> Among many others is
>> http://www.4umi.com/web/javascript/tab.htm
>> (from a script I found at www.freejavascript.fr.st a long time ago)

> That "tabbed" page doesn't show me any tabs and has no functionality
> beyond the Front Tab on my end (Mozilla 1.7b). I think the code needs
> updating.

I get no tabs in Mozilla 1.8a. I get tabs in Opera 7.23, but it looks
horrible. Also the tabs only switch when you click the text, which is not
what users will expect (though this appears to happen in IE, too).

I think it's safe to say that the claim, "fully accessible to all web
browsers", is a lie.

Mike

--
Michael Winter