Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Any good JavaScript Editors?

Any good JavaScript Editors?

TrvlOrm

Hi There,

Can any one please tell me where I can find a really good Free
JavaScript Editor on the net?

I am looking at either a evaluation copy (Free trial) or a really
cheap but good editor that I can download.

I need the editor to tell me exactly what I am doing incorrectly, and
telling me exactly how I can fix the problem, ideally if I post my
javascript coding within the editor.

Thanks so much....

Matt Kruse

TrvlOrm wrote:
> Can any one please tell me where I can find a really good Free
> JavaScript Editor on the net?

This has been discussed here recently, you should check google groups for
previous discussions.

> I need the editor to tell me exactly what I am doing incorrectly, and
> telling me exactly how I can fix the problem

Ah, so you don't want an editor, you want a consultant.
They are more expensive

--
Matt Kruse
Javascript Toolbox: http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/

Ron

TrvlOrm wrote:

>Hi There,
>
>Can any one please tell me where I can find a really good Free
>JavaScript Editor on the net?
>
>I am looking at either a evaluation copy (Free trial) or a really
>cheap but good editor that I can download.

Heya TrvlOrm,
I don't know of any free javascript editors, but:

>I need the editor to tell me exactly what I am doing incorrectly, and
>telling me exactly how I can fix the problem, ideally if I post my
>javascript coding within the editor.

Mozilla's Javascript Console, distributed with Firefox and the Mozilla
browser, shows you exactly where it encountered a problem and offers
more information on the problem than IE (Usually, you can double-click
on the problem to go to the specific line in your script). You can
download Mozilla or Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org .

Mel

If you want to use an editor more that a 2 hours a day, it pays to learn Gnu
Emacs
i have been using it for over 14 years for all kinds of languages, including
html. it has highlighting, and more

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...