Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Capture all events in BODY?

Reply
Thread Tools

Capture all events in BODY?

 
 
ohaya
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004
Hi,

I'm trying to debug a problem with a page, and I was wondering if there was
any way to capture all events within a BODY? I don't know if this is
possible, but I was thinking of something like:

<BODY onEvent="mydebugfunction();">

In case you're wondering, what I'm trying to do is to determine what
event(s) are occurring with a certain combination of mouse events.

I know that this question is somewhat vague ... My apologies.

Jim


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Martin Honnen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2004


ohaya wrote
> I'm trying to debug a problem with a page, and I was wondering if there was
> any way to capture all events within a BODY? I don't know if this is
> possible, but I was thinking of something like:
>
> <BODY onEvent="mydebugfunction();">
>
> In case you're wondering, what I'm trying to do is to determine what
> event(s) are occurring with a certain combination of mouse events.
>
> I know that this question is somewhat vague ... My apologies.


With IE4+, Netscape 6/7, Mozilla, Opera 7 you can use an event handler
for a certain event e.g. the mouseover event and handle that at the body
e.g.
<body onmouseover="mydebugfunction(event);">
If you want to handle other events too you need additional handlers e.g.
<body onmouseover="mydebugfunction(event);"
onmouseout="mydebugfunction(event);"
onmousemove="mydebugfunction(event);">

As for finding out which events exist a look at the relevant
documentation could help, for IE check out
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...nce/events.asp
for Mozilla, Netscape 6/7, and Opera 7 check the HTML documentation for
the event handlers defined there and the W3C DOM Level 2 Events module,
both available on http://www.w3.org/


--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ohaya
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2004

"Martin Honnen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:408a57a5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> ohaya wrote
> > I'm trying to debug a problem with a page, and I was wondering if there

was
> > any way to capture all events within a BODY? I don't know if this is
> > possible, but I was thinking of something like:
> >
> > <BODY onEvent="mydebugfunction();">
> >
> > In case you're wondering, what I'm trying to do is to determine what
> > event(s) are occurring with a certain combination of mouse events.
> >
> > I know that this question is somewhat vague ... My apologies.

>
> With IE4+, Netscape 6/7, Mozilla, Opera 7 you can use an event handler
> for a certain event e.g. the mouseover event and handle that at the body
> e.g.
> <body onmouseover="mydebugfunction(event);">
> If you want to handle other events too you need additional handlers e.g.
> <body onmouseover="mydebugfunction(event);"
> onmouseout="mydebugfunction(event);"
> onmousemove="mydebugfunction(event);">
>
> As for finding out which events exist a look at the relevant
> documentation could help, for IE check out
>

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...thor/dhtml/ref
erence/events.asp
> for Mozilla, Netscape 6/7, and Opera 7 check the HTML documentation for
> the event handlers defined there and the W3C DOM Level 2 Events module,
> both available on http://www.w3.org/



Martin,

Thanks, it looks like the "onScroll" event will do it for me with IE. I'm
still trying to get a definitive answer (from my people) as to whether we
need to support Netscape (but I don't think so, since none of the machines
in our lab have it ).

Jim


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Screen Capture With Mouse , Mouse Position Capture Max Java 7 08-08-2009 11:51 PM
SuperVideoCap work as a broadcast capture and screen capture and record tool. hely0123 Media 0 10-30-2007 08:59 AM
Events Events Events Please Help Chris ASP .Net Web Controls 0 08-30-2005 08:21 PM
DataGrid: Capture double-click events PontiMax ASP .Net 0 01-16-2004 02:28 PM
DataGrid: Capture double-click events PontiMax ASP .Net 0 01-16-2004 02:28 PM



Advertisments