Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Preselecting from parent frame to child frame

Preselecting from parent frame to child frame

Stuart Wexler

Let's say I have a frameset page and I want to preselect an option in a
select box from the parent frame. So the parent frame would
programmatically change the select box in the child frame. Is that
possible ?

Thanks.

Mick White

Stuart Wexler wrote:

> Let's say I have a frameset page and I want to preselect an option in a
> select box from the parent frame. So the parent frame would
> programmatically change the select box in the child frame. Is that
> possible ?
>
> Thanks.

The "parent" frame, in this instance, is a troubling choice of words, I
think. The "parent" is the frameset definition, the "children" are the
individual frames. You can indeed communicate between the children (and
the parent)

Mick