Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > "Bookmarking" dynamic pages.

"Bookmarking" dynamic pages.

Razzbar

I'm creating a site that is all on one page. The navigation of
the site is enabled by a hidden iframe that fetches content from
the server and re/places it in a div on the page.

The problem is how to allow visitors to bookmark "pages" when
the page is dynamic.

I can use Apache-style pseudo-urls to parse out the location of
the dynamic content, like...
http://fakepage.gov/foo/20345583 or...
http://fakepage.gov/foo/20339945 Where 'foo' is the name of
the page, and parsing the URL (using PHP) gives me the id of
a content item to fetch.

Generating the page from the pseudo-url is not the problem,
generating the pseudo-url from the page and getting the browser
to "see" it is the problem.

.... and I'm assuming that if you slap something up on the
address field of the browser and bookmark it, it'll work.

Any ideas?

Andy Dingley

On 22 Apr 2004 13:30:45 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)2s.com (Razzbar)
wrote:

>I'm creating a site that is all on one page. The navigation of
>the site is enabled by a hidden iframe that fetches content from
>the server and re/places it in a div on the page.
>
>The problem is how to allow visitors to bookmark "pages" when
>the page is dynamic.

>Any ideas?

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this"

' Well, don't do that then'