Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > ie6 / privacy settings

ie6 / privacy settings

jussi

One plain question, is there any possible Javascript code to do this IE6
fix with a keystroke:

Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Edit >
Add to Address of Web Site: http://somewebsite.com >
Allow > OK > OK

I'm not planning any bogus business, code would be used only for solving
some acute cookie problem.

Thanks,
Jussi

Robert Diamond

If you a sys admin... propagrate the pravicy settings through the network...
If your a user who's tiered of doing all that for web sites that can't
really on good old html when cookies etc... are disabled, move to mozilla or
just use a keyboard macro (i recommened GameCommander... voice activated
keyboard macros ^.^)
If you actually require that for anything, then rebuild your site ;p or deal
with people liking privacy ;p (unless ofcourse your running something with
..httaccess and if so a litle bit of documentation is all that should be
required, and can usually prevent user-keyboard errors )

"jussi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One plain question, is there any possible Javascript code to do this IE6
> fix with a keystroke:
>
> Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Edit >
> Add to Address of Web Site: http://somewebsite.com >
> Allow > OK > OK
>
> I'm not planning any bogus business, code would be used only for solving
> some acute cookie problem.
>

> Thanks,
> Jussi

Gernot Frisch

> Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Edit >
> Add to Address of Web Site: http://somewebsite.com >
> Allow > OK > OK

Why would there be a lock for your home if the key always can be found
under the doormat?

--
-Gernot

Post here, don't email. If you feel you have to mail, revert my
forename from:
Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
GLBasic - you can do
www.GLBasic.com

Michael Winter

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:21:15 +0300, jussi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> One plain question, is there any possible Javascript code to do this IE6
> fix with a keystroke:
>
> Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Edit >
> Add to Address of Web Site: http://somewebsite.com >
> Allow > OK > OK
>
> I'm not planning any bogus business, code would be used only for solving
> some acute cookie problem.

The obvious answer is the correct one: no, you can't.

If the point is maintain user preferences across pages, you could keep the
session information on the server and place the session ID in the URL.

If you would prefer to use cookies where possible, you can attempt to set
a cookie then test on a subsequent request to see if the cookie was
accepted.

Though users can make uninformed choices, it is still their choice to
make. You might try educating them, but you can't make decisions for them.

Mike

--
Michael Winter
(E-Mail Removed)d (replace ".invalid" with ".uk" to reply)