Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'maste

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'maste

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

Hi guys,

this is a curios thing, everything was working fine then I had to restore my
development machine( VS.NET, SQL server etc) now I'm receiveing this error
from my asp aplication only in RELEASE mode, but everything works good in
DEBUG mode, this is happening when I run my app against my local SQLDB and
against a hosting DB.

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner
'dbo'.

Any sugg we'll b apre...

thks

Ken

=?Utf-8?B?RU5JWklO?=

You need to grant permissions to that stored procedure for the calling user.
In the SQL Analyzer type:
GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_sdidebug TO <user here>

HTH

"Ken" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> this is a curios thing, everything was working fine then I had to restore my
> development machine( VS.NET, SQL server etc) now I'm receiveing this error
> from my asp aplication only in RELEASE mode, but everything works good in
> DEBUG mode, this is happening when I run my app against my local SQLDB and
> against a hosting DB.
>
> EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner
> 'dbo'.
>
> Any sugg we'll b apre...
>
> thks
>
> Ken

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Ken,

On my local machine I've never had to grant execute permissions for a SP.
Did you have to do that before your restore? If not the permissions might
be a little whacked. Did you install VS.Net before SQL Server? If so maybe
the aspnet account was setup without the permissions for SQL. Or after you
setup your machine the first time, way back, did you ever do anything to add
the aspnet account or your Windows login account to the SQL Server
permissions list? I'm just throwing those out there to maybe point you in
the right direction. I've never encountered this locally and when I've
encountered it in production I've always done what the guy mentioned in the
reply before mine. Good luck! Ken.

--
Ken Dopierala Jr.
For great ASP.Net web hosting try:

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys,
>
> this is a curios thing, everything was working fine then I had to restore

my
> development machine( VS.NET, SQL server etc) now I'm receiveing this

error
> from my asp aplication only in RELEASE mode, but everything works good in
> DEBUG mode, this is happening when I run my app against my local SQLDB and
> against a hosting DB.
>
> EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master',

owner
> 'dbo'.
>
> Any sugg we'll b apre...
>
> thks
>
> Ken

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

Hi

I'm geting some clues,

> On my local machine I've never had to grant execute permissions for a SP.
> Did you have to do that before your restore?

No

>Did you install VS.Net before SQL Server?do anything to add

Yes, is it not the order?

>Or after you
> setup your machine the first time, way back, did you ever do anything to add
> the aspnet account or your Windows login account to the SQL Server
> permissions list?

Umm I remember I had another problem running the aspnet app (not this one),
and the only aditional thing I did was to run the Aspnet_regiis.exe utility,
should I have to run it again?

also, I run the 'GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_sdidebug TO dbo' on my local Master
Database, and nothing happen...the error is stil here

by the way I'dont get why the master DB is involved...

The production environmet is a hosting company, so I have only a user
account on my Application DB not on Master DB, so I cant run the script...

Ken

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

Hi,

It does not work, the error is stil here:

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner
'dbo'.

Why is the error on Master DB?

Ken

"ENIZIN" wrote:

> You need to grant permissions to that stored procedure for the calling user.
> In the SQL Analyzer type:
> GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_sdidebug TO <user here>
>
> HTH
>
> "Ken" wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > this is a curios thing, everything was working fine then I had to restore my
> > development machine( VS.NET, SQL server etc) now I'm receiveing this error
> > from my asp aplication only in RELEASE mode, but everything works good in
> > DEBUG mode, this is happening when I run my app against my local SQLDB and
> > against a hosting DB.
> >
> > EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner
> > 'dbo'.
> >
> > Any sugg we'll b apre...
> >
> > thks
> >
> > Ken

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi,

It is just your local machine where you are having problems right? Or are
you having the same problem with your production site and database? I think
you need to install SQL Server before installing VS.Net and the .Net
framework. That is the way I've alway done it. You might want to try to
re-install VS.Net and the framework and see if that clears things up now
that SQL is installed. There is probably a way to setup the permissions for
the aspnet account manually but I don't know how to do it. Good luck! Ken.

--
Ken Dopierala Jr.
For great ASP.Net web hosting try:

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I'm geting some clues,
>
> > On my local machine I've never had to grant execute permissions for a

SP.
> > Did you have to do that before your restore?

> No
>
> >Did you install VS.Net before SQL Server?do anything to add

> Yes, is it not the order?
>
> >Or after you
> > setup your machine the first time, way back, did you ever do anything to

add
> > the aspnet account or your Windows login account to the SQL Server
> > permissions list?

> Umm I remember I had another problem running the aspnet app (not this

one),
> and the only aditional thing I did was to run the Aspnet_regiis.exe

utility,
> should I have to run it again?
>
> also, I run the 'GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_sdidebug TO dbo' on my local Master
> Database, and nothing happen...the error is stil here
>
> by the way I'dont get why the master DB is involved...
>
> The production environmet is a hosting company, so I have only a user
> account on my Application DB not on Master DB, so I cant run the script...
>

> Ken

TGHW

Hi Ken,

This problem comes from the Project Properties setting "Enable SQ
Debugging" being set to true. Disable that setting, and it should wor
fine.

++Tyler

Ken wrote:
> *Hi guys,
>
> this is a curios thing, everything was working fine then I had t
> restore my
> development machine( VS.NET, SQL server etc) now I'm receiveing thi
> error
> from my asp aplication only in RELEASE mode, but everything work
> good in
> DEBUG mode, this is happening when I run my app against my loca
> SQLDB and
> against a hosting DB.
>
> EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master'
> owner
> 'dbo'.
>
> Any sugg we'll b apre...
>
> thks
>
> Ken

-
TGH

Ferdinand

When you install Windows XP Service Pack 2, you cannot debug SQL fro
VS.

Read the following article in KB

You can correct this with SQL Server Service Pack 4 or a hot fix.

TGHW wrote:
> *Hi Ken,
>
> This problem comes from the Project Properties setting "Enable SQ
> Debugging" being set to true. Disable that setting, and it shoul
> work fine.
>
> ++Tyler

-
Ferdinan

blomm blomm is offline
Junior Member

try installing MDAC 2.8 on the machine that is querying your database, that did the trick for me.
Mike