Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > editing existing html-file using js

editing existing html-file using js

Georg Andersson

hi

i've created a html-file containing a frameset. the document in one
frame enables the user to change the content of the other frames. but
i want to modify the current html-files in the frame instead of

so, is it possible to change the content of a html-file on the disk?
or create a new html-file, write the code inside and delete another
html-file?

i'm pretty new to this javascript-world and therefor not verry
sofisticated. i hope you understand want i want to say. not only my
javascript-knowledge is verry poor, but also my english...

any help will be greatly appreciated!

george, zurich

Jakob Lund Krarup

Hi George

You cannot change anything permanently on the servers harddisk using
javascript. Javascript cannot write any files or change files on the server.
You need a serverside programming method like ASP, ASP.NET, PHP or the like.

Javascript can only read files and change the way they are displayed.

Kind regards - Jakob

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...