Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > 'Flavors' of JS?

'Flavors' of JS?

Matt Kruse

"Jim Ley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I'd much rather deal with slightly inefficient code than code that isn't
> >commented and is poorly designed to begin with. I'll gladly sacrifice .1
> >seconds of speed in exchange for code clarity

> I'd be amazed if your users will, a second is an age.

I said .1 seconds.

But, it depends entirely on the application. For some things, 1 second isn't
an age.
In a current project I'm working on, I'm filtering 500-1000 rows of data on
the client side using DOM, and it can take several seconds on fast machines.
But the users _expect_ that, so there are no complaints!!

--
Matt Kruse
Javascript Toolbox: http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/