Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Wait for print dialog to close

Wait for print dialog to close

Marcel Stör

Hi all,

If window.print() is issued Netscape (I guess Opera & Mozilla, too) waits
until the print dialog is closed before it returns the control flow to the
script - IE doesn't.
Example:
<sometag onClick="window.print();anyOtherCommand();">print</sometag>

In IE anyOtherCommand(); is executed while the print dialog is still
showing. The other browsers wait until the dialog is closed (either 'Ok' or
'Cancel').

Does anyone know how to achieve the same behaviour with IE?

Regards,
Marcel