Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > where are the javascripts?

where are the javascripts?

toylet

On the link below:

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/

I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the Dynamic
HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those codes?

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org

toylet

>> I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the
>> Dynamic HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those
>> codes?

> First off I say "What DHTML menu" as in Opera without using IE spoof
> mode all I see is a mess of superimposed text. Secondly if I view the
> source the script is written inline for all to see.

I saw only 3 javascript functions that were not related to the menu. You
should need a lot of javascript functions to drive the menus, not just 3.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 10:20pm up 2 days 12:47 load average: 1.01 1.01 1.00

toylet

>>> First off I say "What DHTML menu" as in Opera without using IE spoof
>>> mode all I see is a mess of superimposed text. Secondly if I view the
>>> source the script is written inline for all to see.

>> I saw only 3 javascript functions that were not related to the menu.
>> You should need a lot of javascript functions to drive the menus, not
>> just 3.

> Sorry, I don't agree with your premise!

I didn't see any inline javascript stuffs. Could You cut-and-paste what
you saw? I only see a <script></script> section that contained
javascript. I am using mozilla 1.7a.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 10:42pm up 2 days 13:09 load average: 1.00 1.01 1.00

Lee

toylet said:

>On the link below:
>
>http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/
>
>I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the Dynamic
>HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those codes?

That site implements the "mouseover" functionality via CSS,
rather than Javascript. Note all of the "hover" definitions.

toylet

>>I couldn't find the javascript codes (mouseover) needed for the Dynamic
>>HTML menu at the top of the page. How did the site hide those codes?

> That site implements the "mouseover" functionality via CSS,
> rather than Javascript. Note all of the "hover" definitions.

Thank you. I am learning...

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 11:02am up 3 days 1:29 load average: 1.54 1.16 1.05