Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 0.8 Links won't load

Firefox 0.8 Links won't load

Hendrik van Zeelen

I'm pretty new to Firefox (v 0. and everything was fine for the
first couple of days. But all of a sudden sometimes links just won't
open, whether tabbed or in a new instance, neither will the page
reload (F5). Sometime later everything's fine.

Example: I'm in a forum on page 2 of something. I middle-click
"further":nothing (I should elaborate "nothing" as something indeed
does happen: The progress bar in the lower righthand corner goes
swoosh to full in 0.7 secs and the lower lefthand says "Fertig" -
probably "finished in English versions.) Left-click: nothing - left or
middle click on "3" (which should have the same result): nothing - F5
for a reload: nought. Middle-click on "1": oops - it works. And so
this strange "behaviour" comes & goes at will. I open a folder of five
links tabbed: three of them turn up empty. I try to re-do them one by
one, nothing doing.

The prog doesn't hang, I don't get error messages - what the heck's
up? I should mention, I installed java x-vm something. But I was
p*ssed off with icons on my desktop, intray, the lot and
sub-applications I had no intention to use, nor indeed any idea what
they're good for. So I bade good riddance to it. Also I first had the
zipped version, but later installed the thing outright (I thought
maybe some pluggins would like to find the odd reg entry.)

Helpful ideas anyone?

Greetz

Quivis

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,

> I'm pretty new to Firefox (v 0. and everything was fine for the
> first couple of days. But all of a sudden sometimes links just won't
> open, whether tabbed or in a new instance, neither will the page
> reload (F5). Sometime later everything's fine.
>
> Example: I'm in a forum on page 2 of something. I middle-click

Sounds to me as if you're trying to load a JavaScript link in a tab or a
new window. That seldom works.

If it's a JavaScript link, the status bar at the bottom of the window
should tell you.

Or there is some other kind of error not shown. The site might be
specifically written for Internet Explorer.

Too little to go on without an example...

HTH

Q.