Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Link Status Text

Link Status Text

FluxForums

By including mouseover, the browsers status area will display the type
message when the link is hovered over. This is great for hidin
affiliate links
you want to display;return true;" ONMOUSEOUT="window.status='';retur
true;"
--
FluxForum
FluxForums's Profile: http://www.fluxforums.com/member.php...etinfo&userid=

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, FluxForums <(E-Mail Removed)>
feverishly typed:

> By including mouseover, the browsers status area will display the
> typed message when the link is hovered over. This is great for hiding
> affiliate links.
> ONMOUSEOVER="window.status='Whatever you want to display;return
> true;" ONMOUSEOUT="window.status='';return true;">

And also great for interfering with the browser's normal functionality.
Please do not hijack my browser's status bar. If you want to provide some
further info on a link, use the title attribute: <a href="whatever.html"
title="Whatever you want to display">blah</a> Also works when javascript is
disabled!

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!

Randy Webb

FluxForums wrote:

> By including mouseover, the browsers status area will display the typed
> message when the link is hovered over. This is great for hiding
> affiliate links.
> you want to display;return true;" ONMOUSEOUT="window.status='';return
> true;">

That code does absolutely NOTHING to my status bar, try again.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind