Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Download file under script control

Download file under script control

Svend Gr?nlund

How, if possible, do you automatically download a file from the web
either to the client or to your server (iis)?

In IE you can register the URL of a script on your server to a right
click menuitem when pointing to a hyperlink. The script can get access
to the URL of the hyperlink. I wish to have this script to download
the file corresponding to the URL without user interaction on this
stage.

Kind regards
Svend Grønlund

Evertjan.

Svend Gr?nlund wrote on 06 feb 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

> In IE you can register the URL of a script on your server to a right
> click menuitem when pointing to a hyperlink. The script can get access
> to the URL of the hyperlink. I wish to have this script to download
> the file corresponding to the URL without user interaction on this
> stage.

NEVER.

This would give you access to the client's computer without their consent.

That YOU would be the gardian of their interest is ...

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Svend Grønlund

The script must be registered on the client PC, so this is only relevant
on an intranet.

Evertjan.

Svend Grønlund wrote on 06 feb 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
> The script must be registered on the client PC, so this is only relevant
> on an intranet.

Use a .hta ?

--
Evertjan.