Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Determining the position of the browser in relationship to the screen

Determining the position of the browser in relationship to the screen

CES

All,
Is their a way of finding the position of the browsers top-left-hand-corner
as it relates to the monitors screen resolution?? By that I mean that if the
browser's window is at the upper most left hand corner of the screen, the X
aces would equal 0 and the Y aces would equal 0.

The references I've been able to find refer only to the browser itself and
not the browsers position as it relates to the screen.

Any help will be appreciated

CES

kaeli

enlightened us with...
> All,
> Is their a way of finding the position of the browsers top-left-hand-corner
> as it relates to the monitors screen resolution?? By that I mean that if the
> browser's window is at the upper most left hand corner of the screen, the X
> aces would equal 0 and the Y aces would equal 0.
>
> The references I've been able to find refer only to the browser itself and
> not the browsers position as it relates to the screen.
>
> Any help will be appreciated

Not in a cross-browser, cross-platform way, no. Is this for an intranet
or Windows application?

And the word is axis, not aces. An ace is a playing card.

/grammar nazi

~kaeli~
If that phone was up your a$$, maybe you could drive a
little better!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

DU

CES wrote:

> All,
> Is their a way of finding the position of the browsers top-left-hand-corner
> as it relates to the monitors screen resolution?? By that I mean that if the
> browser's window is at the upper most left hand corner of the screen, the X
> aces would equal 0 and the Y aces would equal 0.
>
> The references I've been able to find refer only to the browser itself and
> not the browsers position as it relates to the screen.
>
> Any help will be appreciated
>
> CES

There are browser incompatibilities; also even different implementations
of the same properties from browser to browser.

http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunc...enLeftTop.html

In real webpage situation, you should not need to use these properties
anyway. I'm sure there would be a workaround for what you are trying to
achieve.

DU

CES

Thanks,

DU your solution worked, unfortunate the reference I found, before my post
and spent a couple of hours trying to implement, was the wrong syntax.

Unfortunately I'm just anal about the way thank look and happen on my site.

Thanks Again.
CES

news:c00pcj$i6k$(E-Mail Removed)...