Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > 1x1 popup window possible ?

1x1 popup window possible ?

Mel

is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1 in
total size ?

i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!

please help

Mel

gsb

No. Browser have a minimum allowable size for security reasons.

gsb

"Mel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:95049$3ffdf4dd$44646569$(E-Mail Removed) rvers.com...
> is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1 in
> total size ?
>
> i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!
>
> please help
>
> Mel

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

"Mel" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1 in
> total size ?

Depends on browser. Most browsers won't allow windows less than 100
pixels in any direction without special permission.

/L

Fabian

Mel hu kiteb:

> is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1
> in total size ?
>
> i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!

Gioven that the primary purpose of a window is to display information,
I'm sure you have a legitimate reason for creating a window that is
inherently incapable of such?

Fabian
Visit my website often and for long periods!
http://www.lajzar.co.uk

Brian Genisio

Mel wrote:

> is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1 in
> total size ?
>
> i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!
>
> please help
>
> Mel

Well, it sounds like you are trying do do something sneaky. If,
however, you simply need a background JS script to run, you can do a 1x1
IFRAME, within the same window, but when the window goes away, so does
the IFRAME.

Brian

Patricio Stegmann

Le Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:25:00 -0500, Mel a écrit*:

> is it possible to have a popup window that is either invisible or 1x1 in
> total size ?
>
> i tried 10x10 and it shows up around 100x20 pixels !!!
>
> please help
>
> Mel

You can also open a popup on fullscreen then apply a resizeto to your
suited size of 1x1, and then you'll get (at least on internet explorer) a
window without any decoration (menus, icons, nor whatever) but this is for
junky popup spammers and I think I.E. doesn't allow that anymore !

just give it a try