Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Link to open a frameset page to a specific url in a frame?

Link to open a frameset page to a specific url in a frame?

B.G.

I know I've done this in the past, but dang, I forget how I did it! If you
know how its done, I'd sure appreciate it if you would share that info with
me. I want to go from a non-frames page to open a frameset and then to open
a specific url into the bottom frame. TIA for any assistance.

Bob Green

kaeli

enlightened us with...
> I know I've done this in the past, but dang, I forget how I did it! If you
> know how its done, I'd sure appreciate it if you would share that info with
> me. I want to go from a non-frames page to open a frameset and then to open
> a specific url into the bottom frame. TIA for any assistance.

Pass the addy with the url (query string) and load the frameset
dynamically. This is best done with server-side tech, not javascript.

~kaeli~
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
from magic.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

David Dorward

B.G. wrote:

> I know I've done this in the past, but dang, I forget how I did it!

So you keep saying...

David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

B.G.

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bssg2o$4rb$7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> B.G. wrote:
>
> > I know I've done this in the past, but dang, I forget how I did it!

> So you keep saying...
>
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html
>
> --
> David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

Yup, I would typically crosspost, but I didn't think about this group until
after I had posted the first one in the webmasters group.