Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Windows scripting engine error

Windows scripting engine error

dito

I have a .asp page that contains an activex componet. When I launch
it in a browser, it returns an error that the viewer is unable to
create it's resource objects. "To rectify this problem, please
install IE4.0 or install DCOM for W95 and the latest MS Scripting
Engine. These files are available at MS's website"
I am running IE6.0. Where is the scripting engine on MS's site? Will
this have to be installed on every client wishing to view the activex
object?

George Hester

The Windows Scripting Host is version 5.6 and is available at http://www.microsoft.com/scripting

This issue is not JavaScript. JavaScript is implemented by the browser not by an external application which is the Windows Scripting Host (scrrun.dll).

To answer your question, Yes. If they are using Windows NT, Windows 95 and Windows 98. The rest come with it (WSH). 16-bit Windows nothing doing.

--
George Hester
__________________________________
"dito" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a .asp page that contains an activex componet. When I launch
> it in a browser, it returns an error that the viewer is unable to
> create it's resource objects. "To rectify this problem, please
> install IE4.0 or install DCOM for W95 and the latest MS Scripting
> Engine. These files are available at MS's website"
> I am running IE6.0. Where is the scripting engine on MS's site? Will
> this have to be installed on every client wishing to view the activex
> object?

Mark Preston

On 28 Dec 2003 09:18:55 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (dito) wrote:

>I have a .asp page that contains an activex componet. When I launch
>it in a browser, it returns an error that the viewer is unable to
>create it's resource objects. "To rectify this problem, please
>install IE4.0 or install DCOM for W95 and the latest MS Scripting
>Engine. These files are available at MS's website"
>I am running IE6.0. Where is the scripting engine on MS's site? Will
>this have to be installed on every client wishing to view the activex
>object?

One thing this question definately is not, is Javascript-related. So
you are asking the wrong people, in the wrong place I'm afraid.

I suggest that - if you can't get an answer from Microsoft - then you
complain to the people who are to blame / credit with the issue.
Namely Microsoft, of course.