Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > DHTML pop-ups,overs & blinking cursors are leaving an artifact mess!!

DHTML pop-ups,overs & blinking cursors are leaving an artifact mess!!

Matthew

Hi, I have this page that is built almost entirely in DHTML, layers,
pop-ups -- the works. It runs great in IE6+ and also in NS7 with one
exception for NS.... for some strange reason when a user keyboard tabs
between different form box fields it leaves behind an imprint of the
blinking cursor line on the screen... and also when a pop-up menu
opens up (over) any of the form box elements it erases part of the
form box edge. No big deal, still works - just looks ugly.

This type of artifact behavior is persistent everywhere on my NS
version where there is cursor or overlay interactions.. so I am
wondering, is there any known way to alleviate this using some sort of
re-build/re-draw command that I am unaware of --- or is this just
freaking Netscrape?