Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > HTML Comment that Displays the names of Inventor's of HTML

HTML Comment that Displays the names of Inventor's of HTML

Amit

Hi,

There is a html comment, which if we write and save that page with
only that comment, & try to open it in browser , it displays the name
of the invertors of HTML. The important part is, we need to write the
comment exactly the way it is. I don't remember the commet, and
couldn't find it online, but I would really like to know it. Please
let me know, if anyone knows about it!.

Thanks,
Amit

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Amit) writes:

> There is a html comment, which if we write and save that page with
> only that comment, & try to open it in browser , it displays the name
> of the invertors of HTML.

That would be an easter egg in some browser. Unless you can remember
which browser it is (and it is definitly not all browsers), then it
is hard to find.

I guess it is more likely to be the development team of that browser,
than the person who invented HTML (Tim Berners-Lee).

Hmm, I tried searching for: "easter egg" "development team" browser
and found this page:
<URL:http://www.inline.to/tips/easteregg.htm>
It's there under web browsers/IE5. The comment is:
<!-- introducing the Trident team -->
I don't think it works in IE 6, so I can't test it.

/L 'super snooper'