Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Intercepting the keyboard again

Intercepting the keyboard again

Fabian

I have a script that intercepts the arrow keys. I also have a dropdown
menu using SELECT tags. However, when the dropdown menu has the focus, I
do not want the script to intercept the keyboard. How do I detect
whether the dropdown form object has focus?

Fabian
Visit my website often and for long periods!
http://www.lajzar.co.uk

Fabian

Fabian hu kiteb:

> I have a script that intercepts the arrow keys. I also have a dropdown
> menu using SELECT tags. However, when the dropdown menu has the
> focus, I do not want the script to intercept the keyboard. How do I
> detect whether the dropdown form object has focus?

I found a solution. I set an ignore variable with onfocus and onblur for
that dropdown, and then test that ignore variable before running any
commands based on keyboard inputs.