Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Problem with HV Menu 5.5 when working with 2 horizontal frames.

Problem with HV Menu 5.5 when working with 2 horizontal frames.

elad

Hi

The Menu doesn't work properly when I have 2 frame and the Menu popup
frame=document target frame, when I choose item in
the menu the doc opened and the menu get stuck.

Here is the code I'm using:

FrameSet -------------------------------------------------------
<head>
<title>Your Title</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="20%,*" framespacing='0' frameborder='1' border=0>
<frame frameborder='1' framespacing='0' src="1.html" noresize
scrolling='no' name="MyFrameOne"></frame>
<frame frameborder='1' framespacing='0' src="2.html"
name="MyFrameTwo"></frame>
</frameset>

1.html -------------------------------------------------------------------
<head>your header html</head>
Frame 1
<script type='text/javascript'>
//HV Menu- by Ger Versluis (http://www.burmees.nl/)
//Submitted to Dynamic Drive (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
//Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com for this script and more
function Go(){return}</script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='exmplmenu_var.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='menu_com.js'></script>

2.html ----------------------------------------------------------------
onload="javascript:{if(parent.frames[0]&&parent.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go)parent.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go()}"
bgcolor="red">
Frame 2

exmplmenu_var.js --------------------------------------------------------
var NoOffFirstLineMenus=5; // Number of first level items
var LowBgColor='#D5D9FE'; // Background color when mouse is not
over
var LowSubBgColor='#D5D9FE'; // Background color when mouse is not
over on subs
var HighBgColor='black'; // Background color when mouse is over
var HighSubBgColor='black'; // Background color when mouse is over
on subs
var FontLowColor='navy'; // Font color when mouse is not over
var FontSubLowColor='navy'; // Font color subs when mouse is not
over
var FontHighColor='white'; // Font color when mouse is over
var FontSubHighColor='white'; // Font color subs when mouse is over
var BorderColor='navy'; // Border color
var BorderSubColor='navy'; // Border color for subs
var BorderWidth=1; // Border width
var BorderBtwnElmnts=1; // Border between elements 1 or 0
var FontFamily="arial,comic sans ms,technical" // Font family menu
items
var FontSize=8; // Font size menu items
var FontBold=0; // Bold menu items 1 or 0
var FontItalic=0; // Italic menu items 1 or 0
var MenuTextCentered='left'; // Item text position 'left', 'center'
or 'right'
var MenuCentered='left'; // Menu horizontal position 'left',
'center' or 'right'
var MenuVerticalCentered='top'; // Menu vertial position 'top',
'middle','bottom' or static
var ChildOverlap=.2; // horizontal overlap child/ parent
var ChildVerticalOverlap=.2; // vertical overlap child/ parent
var StartTop=16; // Menu offset x coordinate
var StartLeft=0; // Menu offset y coordinate
var VerCorrect=0; // Multiple frames y correction
var HorCorrect=0; // Multiple frames x correction
var LeftPaddng=3; // Left padding
var TopPaddng=2; // Top padding
var FirstLineHorizontal=1; // SET TO 1 FOR HORIZONTAL MENU, 0 FOR
VERTICAL
var MenuFramesVertical=0; // Frames in cols or rows 1 or 0
var DissapearDelay=1000; // delay before menu folds in
var TakeOverBgColor=1; // Menu frame takes over background color
subitem frame
var FirstLineFrame='MyFrameOne'; // Frame where first level appears
var SecLineFrame='MyFrameTwo'; // Frame where sub levels appear
var DocTargetFrame='MyFrameTwo'; // Frame where target documents
appear
var TargetLoc='myMenu'; // span id for relative positioning
var HideTop=0; // Hide first level when loading new document 1 or
0
var MenuWrap=1; // enables/ disables menu wrap 1 or 0
var RightToLeft=0; // enables/ disables right to left unfold 1 or
0
var UnfoldsOnClick=0; // Level 1 unfolds onclick/ onmouseover
var WebMasterCheck=0; // menu tree checking on or off 1 or 0
var ShowArrow=1; // Uses arrow gifs when 1
var KeepHilite=1; // Keep selected path highligthed
var Arrws=['tri.gif',5,10,'tridown.gif',10,5,'trileft.gif',5, 10]; //
Arrow source, width and height

Any idea ?
Elad

Michael Winter

elad wrote on 24 Nov 2003:

> Hi
>
> The Menu doesn't work properly when I have 2 frame and the Menu
> popup frame=document target frame, when I choose item in
> the menu the doc opened and the menu get stuck.

<snip reposted code>

This is the third time you've posted a topic on this. Stop it. Did it
occur to you to contact the person that actually wrote the script in
the first place? They would be your best bet to get a solution.

Mike

--
Michael Winter
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)d (remove ".invalid" to reply)

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> Hi
>
> The Menu doesn't work properly when I have 2 frame and the Menu popup
> frame=document target frame, when I choose item in
> the menu the doc opened and the menu get stuck.

You have a target myMenu, but I saw no such target div in the 2.html
code, where the script expected it to be.

Did you just leave that out for space, or did you forget to put it in
the real source?

--
~kaeli~
A plateau is a high form of flattery.

Elad Friedman

1. Actually it's the second time I open a topic on this issue.
2. I opened a new topic because it is very urgent to me to get an
answer.
3. If I could have contact the person who wrote this I would have
already do that.
4. Forums - are usefully created so users can ask questions. and I don't
think you are the forum manager.

Thanks for you help...

Elad Friedman

I didn't add it to my code but I don't think it has any connection to my
problem
( I even tried it now to make sure it doesn't change anything )

Elad

kaeli

In article <3fc242a0$0$202$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
enlightened us with...
> I didn't add it to my code but I don't think it has any connection to my
> problem
> ( I even tried it now to make sure it doesn't change anything )
>
> Elad

Other than that, your code looks fine to me.
Did you trim out other javascript things you are doing? It may be that
things are butting up against each other somehow.

If you have a link to the site you are having problems with, it would be
very helpful.
Also, what browser are you using?

--
~kaeli~
Black holes were created when God divided by 0.

Elad Friedman wrote on 24 Nov 2003:

> 1. Actually it's the second time I open a topic on this issue.

I beg to differ. I have three threads, originally posted by you, all
relating to the same script from DirectDrive, listed in my
newsreader.

> 2. I opened a new topic because it is very urgent to me to get
> an answer.

If someone can suggest an answer, they'll answer you the first time.

> 3. If I could have contact the person who wrote this I would
> have already do that.

Well, you can contact the original writer. The address of the
relevant part of the author's website is
http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm The home address has already
been posted by yourself. There are instructions for installing
various scripts and an e-mail address.

If you aren't trying to modify the basic functionality of the script
(only what it displays), you could have also e-mailed DirectDrive's
support.

> 4. Forums - are usefully created so users can ask questions. and
> I don't think you are the forum manager.

That is true, but it's impolite to post a question more than once
just because you're impatient. That's basic Usenet (and social)
etiquette and it shouldn't require any form of administrator to tell
you that.

Mike

--
Michael Winter
(E-Mail Removed)d (remove ".invalid" to reply)

elad

Hi

I have downloaded the latest version of the menu from
http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm
and now the menu get stuck only if menu should open a link that starts
with http://
For example :
Menu1_1=new Array("Example
1_1","javascriptarent.<FrameName2>.location.href =\"http://www.cnn.com\"","",0,20,100,"black","white","yellow ","blue","yellow","",-1,-1,-1,"","");

Does it works in your site ?

Elad.

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> Hi
>
> I have downloaded the latest version of the menu from
> http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm
> and now the menu get stuck only if menu should open a link that starts
> with http://
> For example :
> Menu1_1=new Array("Example
> 1_1","javascriptarent.<FrameName2>.location.href =\"http://www.cnn.com\"","",0,20,100,"black","white","yellow ","blue","yellow","",-1,-1,-1,"","");
>
> Does it works in your site ?

Yes.

~kaeli~
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless
interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an
otherwise dull day.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

fred

kaeli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> > Hi
> >
> > I have downloaded the latest version of the menu from
> > http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm
> > and now the menu get stuck only if menu should open a link that starts
> > with http://
> > For example :
> > Menu1_1=new Array("Example
> > 1_1","javascriptarent.<FrameName2>.location.href =\"http://www.cnn.com\"","",0,20,100,"black","white","yellow ","blue","yellow","",-1,-1,-1,"","");
> >
> > Does it works in your site ?
> >

> Yes.
>
> --

I am using version 9.50 of this nice menu. I have exactly the same
issue: the moment my links are pointing to external pages with
"http://..." the pages opens in the corresponding frame but the
navigation menu does not respond anymore.

Any idea?

PS: I asked Ger the programmer of this menu for a hint. I'll post his
answer if any.

frefre