Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Netscape 7 and clipping

Netscape 7 and clipping

Fabian

Netscape doesn't appear to suport teh stylesheet clip attribute. Is
there a workaround?

#f_cw1 { position: absolute; top: 40px; left: -280px; z-index: 14; clip:
rect (0 auto auto 280); }

The above is a typical line from the stylesheet in question.

Fabian
Visit my website often and for long periods!
http://www.lajzar.co.uk

Chaa006

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> It needs to be `clip:rect(0 auto auto 280px)' (without whitespac
> after
> the `rect' and with a unit for non-zero lengths) and this i
> completely
> off-topic here!]

To : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

In

http://tinyurl.com/32nq6

the text

"In CSS2, the only valid <shape> value is: rect (<top> <right
<bottom> <left>)"

appears. This clearly indicates that white space is permitted (an
perhaps required)
between "rect" and the open parenthesis "(". However, Netscape 7.
does not permit
white space here, and a note at

http://tinyurl.com/2l4bm

from Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

"It needs to be `clip:rect(0 auto auto 280px)' (without whitespac
after
the `rect' ... "

also indicates that white space is not permitted. Could the W3C pleas
rule on
this and indicate whether white space between "rect" and the ope
parenthesis
is (a) required, (b) optional, or (c) disallowed. If (c), could
please ask
that a future revision change this to (b) [optional]

Philip Taylor
Webmaster, Royal Holloway, University of Londo
-
Chaa00