Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > submitting text box info to a file?

submitting text box info to a file?

Eych

probably simple to most of you, but i'm having trouble figuring this
out because of my unfamiliarity with javascript...

i have a textbox that accepts email address, when the user presses the
send button, I want that address appended to a text file on my
server...kinda like a basic mailing list...

any assistance is appreciated...thanks in advance!
(fyi, using Dreamweaver MX 2004)

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Eych) writes:

> probably simple to most of you, but i'm having trouble figuring this
> out because of my unfamiliarity with javascript...

> i have a textbox that accepts email address, when the user presses the
> send button, I want that address appended to a text file on my
> server...kinda like a basic mailing list...

That requires some server-side scripting ability, either PHP, JSP,
ASP, or some other TLA

Of these, only ASP allows you to use Javascript.

> any assistance is appreciated...thanks in advance!
> (fyi, using Dreamweaver MX 2004)

Unimportant. You need to find out what server you use and what it
allows you to do.

/L

Submitting a form depending on the select box answer Rabel Javascript 2 06-13-2007 06:11 PM
Submitting info with JS FP Javascript 6 07-21-2006 06:28 PM
submitting form info??? John Russell HTML 9 04-20-2006 05:45 PM
submitting form info? John Russell HTML 2 04-17-2006 11:52 AM

Advertisments