Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Javascript to add tags to a text area on a form?

Javascript to add tags to a text area on a form?

katherine

Does anyone know a simple Javascript to add tags to a text area on a form.

On clicking a bold button for instance <strong></strong>

?

Any help appreciated, thanks,
kate

Yann-Erwan Perio

katherine wrote:

> Does anyone know a simple Javascript to add tags to a text area on a form.
> On clicking a bold button for instance <strong></strong>

To do that, you'd use ranges, under the risk of getting malformed HTML
in the end; we've discussed this issue with Richard some time ago, you
might find the following thread useful (URL wrapped):

<URL>
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...8&frame=right&
th=57d63b74cc1d5495&seekm=d2d855ea.0301211618.1a09 2cdd%40postin
g.google.com#link11
</URL>

HTH
Yep.

katherine

Thanks very much Yep.

I have gone through the correspondance with Richard which was really
helpful.

I can't get the script to work with IE 5+ on a Mac though which is my
main objective.

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks very much,

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Yann-Erwan Perio wrote:

> [...] (URL wrapped):
>
> <URL>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...8&frame=right&
> th=57d63b74cc1d5495&seekm=d2d855ea.0301211618.1a09 2cdd%40postin
> g.google.com#link11
> </URL>

Please do not do this. Fortunately Mozilla/5.0 MailNews does not have
the OE bug that even URLs are wrapped, so do not try to impose that on
it. Leave them as they are and they stay functional hyperlinks in most
newsreaders.

PointedEars