Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Asp.net not running error. I'm stumped.

Asp.net not running error. I'm stumped.

darrel

It's been a long day. I've upgraded to XP Pro, installed IIS, installed
ASP.net 1.1, installed VisualBasic.net 2003 and all of the umpteen patches
and fixes for everything.

But I still can't get it to work.

When I go to make a new project in Visual Studio, I get this error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
---------------------------
Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running
ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or
services.
---------------------------
OK Help
---------------------------

I hit OK and nothing. I can run any file in my default WWWROOT via
localhost, EXCEPT the default ASP pages, where it's asking for a
username/pwd. I assume I have a permissions problem somewhere...but I'm not
sure where...

-Darrel

Andrew de la Harpe

See
aspnet_regiis.exe

"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's been a long day. I've upgraded to XP Pro, installed IIS, installed
> ASP.net 1.1, installed VisualBasic.net 2003 and all of the umpteen patches
> and fixes for everything.
>
> But I still can't get it to work.
>
> When I go to make a new project in Visual Studio, I get this error:
>
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Development Environment
> ---------------------------
> Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not

running
> ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or
> services.
> ---------------------------
> OK Help
> ---------------------------
>
> I hit OK and nothing. I can run any file in my default WWWROOT via
> localhost, EXCEPT the default ASP pages, where it's asking for a
> username/pwd. I assume I have a permissions problem somewhere...but I'm

not
> sure where...
>
> -Darrel

Sahil Malik

You need to run

C:\<<WINDIR>>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.<<somet hing>>\aspnet_regiis -r

and then

regsvr32
C:\<<WINDIR>>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.<<somet hing>>\aspnet_isapi.dll

That should get your webserver upgraded to framework 1.1

- Sahil Malik
You can reach me thru my blog -
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik

"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's been a long day. I've upgraded to XP Pro, installed IIS, installed
> ASP.net 1.1, installed VisualBasic.net 2003 and all of the umpteen patches
> and fixes for everything.
>
> But I still can't get it to work.
>
> When I go to make a new project in Visual Studio, I get this error:
>
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Development Environment
> ---------------------------
> Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not
> running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
> applications or services.
> ---------------------------
> OK Help
> ---------------------------
>
> I hit OK and nothing. I can run any file in my default WWWROOT via
> localhost, EXCEPT the default ASP pages, where it's asking for a
> username/pwd. I assume I have a permissions problem somewhere...but I'm
> not sure where...
>
> -Darrel

darrel

> C:\<<WINDIR>>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.<<somet hing>>\aspnet_regiis -r
>
> and then
>
> regsvr32
> C:\<<WINDIR>>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.<<somet hing>>\aspnet_isapi.dll

OK, well, I got the first one to run. The second one just give me the 'you
are attempting to open a file of type dll...' what should I open that with?

I relaunched VS.net and tried to make a new project and now get this error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
---------------------------
The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/Lottsa'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
---------------------------
OK Help
---------------------------

which isn't too helpful.

-Darrel

Sahil Malik

Dude, you fast read my answer .. you've gotta run ..

"RegSvr32 <<DLLWHOLEPATH>>"

That's a COM ISAPI DLL that oyu need to register to the webserver. Oh yea
and restart the webserver.

- Sahil Malik
You can reach me thru my blog -
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik

"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> C:\<<WINDIR>>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.<<somet hing>>\aspnet_regiis -r
>>
>> and then
>>
>> regsvr32
>> C:\<<WINDIR>>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.<<somet hing>>\aspnet_isapi.dll

> OK, well, I got the first one to run. The second one just give me the 'you
> are attempting to open a file of type dll...' what should I open that
> with?
>
> I relaunched VS.net and tried to make a new project and now get this
> error:
>
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Development Environment
> ---------------------------
> The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
> open the Web project located at the following URL:
> 'http://localhost/Lottsa'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
> ---------------------------
> OK Help
> ---------------------------
>
> which isn't too helpful.
>
> -Darrel

darrel

> Dude, you fast read my answer .. you've gotta run ..
>
> "RegSvr32 <<DLLWHOLEPATH>>"

Oops! Sorry about that. OK, so I ran that as well and restarted IIS. I still
have the 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.

Googling turned up this:

http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/pete.../08/24756.aspx

Which looks like I might need to do the reinstall. Ugh.

Thanks for the help, though!

-Darrel

Sahil Malik

Hmm .. I'm surprised that .. that wasn't enough. I've fixed many a webserver
with that pair of commands and a restart of the webserver.

- Sahil Malik
You can reach me thru my blog -
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik

"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dude, you fast read my answer .. you've gotta run ..
>>
>> "RegSvr32 <<DLLWHOLEPATH>>"

> Oops! Sorry about that. OK, so I ran that as well and restarted IIS. I
> still have the 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
>
> Googling turned up this:
>
> http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/pete.../08/24756.aspx
>
> Which looks like I might need to do the reinstall. Ugh.
>
> Thanks for the help, though!
>
> -Darrel

darrel

>> Googling turned up this:
>>
>> http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/pete.../08/24756.aspx
>>
>> Which looks like I might need to do the reinstall. Ugh.

Double Ugh. Did all that and I'm still stuck with this error.

I'm really regretting not taking the PHP route right now...

*sigh*

-Darrel

Sahil Malik

Ok one last time for my sake do the following once again properly --

aspnet_regiis -ir
regsvr32 aspnet_isapi.dll
restart your machine

http://localhost

- Sahil Malik
You can reach me thru my blog -
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik

"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Googling turned up this:
>>>
>>> http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/pete.../08/24756.aspx
>>>
>>> Which looks like I might need to do the reinstall. Ugh.

> Double Ugh. Did all that and I'm still stuck with this error.
>
> I'm really regretting not taking the PHP route right now...
>
> *sigh*
>
> -Darrel

darrel

> Ok one last time for my sake do the following once again properly --
>
> aspnet_regiis -ir
> regsvr32 aspnet_isapi.dll
> restart your machine

Thanks for staying with me, Sahil.

Alas, I did all of the above, and still, same error.

I feel rather defeated tonight. I'm kind of seriously stuck. Might have to
call in the tech support folks tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, Sahil!

-Darrel

Running,Running! audit2 Firefox 1 02-01-2008 09:27 PM
Running into MTU issues with VPN running on Cisco 7206VXR amit1017 Cisco 1 10-18-2007 01:03 PM
modify a long-running python script while it is running? Benjamin Rutt Python 2 12-20-2005 01:42 PM
asp.net 1.1 would not start: web server is not running 1.1 =?Utf-8?B?aG9tZXI=?= ASP .Net 1 10-14-2004 03:54 PM
I'm trying to network a deasktop running 98SE and a laptop running XP. Marc Computer Support 8 11-19-2003 03:01 AM

Advertisments