Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > [OT] JavaScript (Viruses & dDoS on Spamhaus)

[OT] JavaScript (Viruses & dDoS on Spamhaus)

Frank Nospam

Rick Blackthorn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What I'd like to see is little script that puts out a message saying
> something like, "You are getting this message because you have
> javascript enabled and are exposing your computer to <insert list of
> dangers>."

I have such a message on one of my pages:
http://geocities.com/francis_uy/wanted.html

JavaScript is a tool. It has certain useful features. If your
computer is exposed to danger by scripting, that is the fault
of a badly designed browser (such as MSIE).

My preferred browser allows the user to disable scripting of
window focus, status bar, onunload, popups, etc, while letting
other scripting actions to function safely.
http://mozilla.org

-F.