Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Need a Javascript drop-down menu that works off of HTML images

Need a Javascript drop-down menu that works off of HTML images

delerious@no.spam.com

I'm going to build a vertical navigation menu using images in HTML. I want to
have a drop-down menu appear next to an image when I move the mouse over it.
I know that I could just download any one of the many free Javascript menus
available on the web and not have the images in the HTML, but I want the
images to be seen (and able to be clicked on) if Javascript is disabled. None
of the free Javascript menus that I have seen work that way.

Are there any free Javascript menus that work off of images in the HTML and
support a vertical layout?

tracy

hello,

I use allWebMenus PRO from Likno.com since version 1.3 to create cross
browser dhtml menus for my clients.

there is a trick i would also suggest you to try:

i place the menu right above the images so that browsers without
javascript support will see only the images instead of the menu

delerious@no.spam.com

On 5 Nov 2003 04:15:20 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (tracy) wrote:
>hello,
>
>I use allWebMenus PRO from Likno.com since version 1.3 to create cross
>browser dhtml menus for my clients.
>
>there is a trick i would also suggest you to try:
>
>i place the menu right above the images so that browsers without
>javascript support will see only the images instead of the menu

Thanks for the reply. I would like a menu that is free. The LITE version of
AllWebMenus isn't even free.