Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > I don't hebrew on my site.

I don't hebrew on my site.

Mr. x

Hello,

I am building a web-site.
For a reason, I don't know why,
if I put my site on my computer - I see hebrew character fine,
but when I put my site on hosting company I don't see hebrew character.

In my html page there is a line in the head section :

Till, I don't see hebrew, only when I try to see my site from the web
(hosting company).

What may be the reason for that ?

Thanks

Klaus Johannes Rusch

"Mr. x" wrote:

> I am building a web-site.
> For a reason, I don't know why,
> if I put my site on my computer - I see hebrew character fine,
> but when I put my site on hosting company I don't see hebrew character.
> What may be the reason for that ?

Most likely the Web server is sending a Content-Type header with a different
character set, which overrides the meta tag in the source code.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

VK

Would greatly help to know WHAT do you see instead ?

Mr. x

So, what you are saying I should find another hosting server company.

I see another characters instead of Hebrew (letter "a" with two dots above
it, etc...)
This behaviour happens only when I am using aspx, or asmx, and doesn't
happen on html, nor java scripts,
so it seems to be a problem on the server side.

I hardly believe that there is a problem in the hosting company that doesn't
support multi-language support (in my case www.webhost4life.com), but also I
need (to be sure about this) some tinny scripts for aspx and asmx, pleasem
that are declared for character set (Hebrew = windows-1255).

Thanks

"Klaus Johannes Rusch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Mr. x" wrote:
>
> > I am building a web-site.
> > For a reason, I don't know why,
> > if I put my site on my computer - I see hebrew character fine,
> > but when I put my site on hosting company I don't see hebrew character.
> > What may be the reason for that ?

> Most likely the Web server is sending a Content-Type header with a

different
> character set, which overrides the meta tag in the source code.
>
> --
> Klaus Johannes Rusch
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <3fa60a2d@news.012.net.il>, seen in
news:comp.lang.javascript, Mr. x <(E-Mail Removed)> posted at Mon, 3 Nov 2003
09:54:36 :-

>Till, I don't see hebrew, only when I try to see my site from the web
>(hosting company).
>
>What may be the reason for that ?

That is a question which you should ask of your hosting company. If
they are not Israeli, they may be unable to read Hebrew; but they ought
to be able to recognise whether or not Hebrew is being displayed.

<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-index.htm> JS maths, dates, sources.

Klaus Johannes Rusch

"Mr. x" wrote:

> So, what you are saying I should find another hosting server company.
>
> I see another characters instead of Hebrew (letter "a" with two dots above
> it, etc...)
> This behaviour happens only when I am using aspx, or asmx, and doesn't
> happen on html, nor java scripts,
> so it seems to be a problem on the server side.

Simply look at the headers to tell for sure (and rather than changing providers,
you can probably ask them to change the server configuration):

telnet yourserver.example.com 80
GET /yourpage.aspx HTTP/1.0

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
(E-Mail Removed)

How to Install Hebrew Font? joe Firefox 2 08-23-2005 05:29 PM
Re: hebrew characters not showing up Stefano Mostarda ASP .Net 0 02-18-2004 01:13 PM
hebrew output Sharon ASP .Net 0 01-22-2004 03:55 AM
sample of configuration for Hebrew Mr. x ASP .Net 5 11-05-2003 03:07 PM
Language and Direction real GURU needed! (Hebrew and maybe arabic) CR or Charset issue? Efy. ASP .Net 2 06-25-2003 03:28 PM

Advertisments