Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > End H1B's now. American jobs for American programmers

Reply
Thread Tools

End H1B's now. American jobs for American programmers

 
 
DANIEL HENEGHAN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-25-2004
Election day is coming up. It is clear that the interestes of tech workers
do not lay with either of the parties, therefore the best strategry for your
interests is to punish the incumbent, George Bush.

During the past 4 years 400,000 tech jobs have been lost. Despite this the
govenment not only clings on to the discredited H1B program but is actually
advocating for an increase in the number of foreigners to be brought over
and take American jobs. It is absurd to argue that these are jobs that
Americans cannot/willnot do. Americans are the best software developers in
the world, are now and always have been. Name a single significant product
or develope that ever came from India or China.

Nonetheless, industry and ethnic advocates have hoodwinked American
politicians and the gullible sheep that we refer to as mainstream media.
Industry id not hoodwinked, they want their labor to be cheap, fearful and
pliable. H1B's do nothing to advance the interestes of the vast majority of
Americans, they only advance the interests of a miniscule minority of
ethinic advocates (Indian, Chinese, Latin) and greedy entrepreuners who only
care of their own fortune, not yours.

Bush did not create this problem, but he has presided over it for 4 years,
has done nothing and is inclined to make it worse. Punish Bush at the polls
for his contempt of the American worker and his family. These worlds come
from a life-long Republican.

regards,

--
Daniel Heneghan
Ceara Systems
(212) 696-9208
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CJ Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-25-2004
Is this necessary every 6 months Dan?



"DANIEL HENEGHAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zbm5d.120$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> Election day is coming up. It is clear that the interestes of tech workers
> do not lay with either of the parties, therefore the best strategry for

your
> interests is to punish the incumbent, George Bush.
>
> During the past 4 years 400,000 tech jobs have been lost. Despite this the
> govenment not only clings on to the discredited H1B program but is

actually
> advocating for an increase in the number of foreigners to be brought over
> and take American jobs. It is absurd to argue that these are jobs that
> Americans cannot/willnot do. Americans are the best software developers in
> the world, are now and always have been. Name a single significant product
> or develope that ever came from India or China.
>
> Nonetheless, industry and ethnic advocates have hoodwinked American
> politicians and the gullible sheep that we refer to as mainstream media.
> Industry id not hoodwinked, they want their labor to be cheap, fearful and
> pliable. H1B's do nothing to advance the interestes of the vast majority

of
> Americans, they only advance the interests of a miniscule minority of
> ethinic advocates (Indian, Chinese, Latin) and greedy entrepreuners who

only
> care of their own fortune, not yours.
>
> Bush did not create this problem, but he has presided over it for 4 years,
> has done nothing and is inclined to make it worse. Punish Bush at the

polls
> for his contempt of the American worker and his family. These worlds come
> from a life-long Republican.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Daniel Heneghan
> Ceara Systems
> (212) 696-9208
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DANIEL HENEGHAN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2004
We are getting close to the election, prepare to get it about twice a week,
herein.
"CJ Taylor" <cege [ahh ttt] tavayn wooohooo hooo ohhh com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this necessary every 6 months Dan?
>
>
>
> "DANIEL HENEGHAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zbm5d.120$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > Election day is coming up. It is clear that the interestes of tech

workers
> > do not lay with either of the parties, therefore the best strategry for

> your
> > interests is to punish the incumbent, George Bush.
> >
> > During the past 4 years 400,000 tech jobs have been lost. Despite this

the
> > govenment not only clings on to the discredited H1B program but is

> actually
> > advocating for an increase in the number of foreigners to be brought

over
> > and take American jobs. It is absurd to argue that these are jobs that
> > Americans cannot/willnot do. Americans are the best software developers

in
> > the world, are now and always have been. Name a single significant

product
> > or develope that ever came from India or China.
> >
> > Nonetheless, industry and ethnic advocates have hoodwinked American
> > politicians and the gullible sheep that we refer to as mainstream media.
> > Industry id not hoodwinked, they want their labor to be cheap, fearful

and
> > pliable. H1B's do nothing to advance the interestes of the vast majority

> of
> > Americans, they only advance the interests of a miniscule minority of
> > ethinic advocates (Indian, Chinese, Latin) and greedy entrepreuners who

> only
> > care of their own fortune, not yours.
> >
> > Bush did not create this problem, but he has presided over it for 4

years,
> > has done nothing and is inclined to make it worse. Punish Bush at the

> polls
> > for his contempt of the American worker and his family. These worlds

come
> > from a life-long Republican.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Heneghan
> > Ceara Systems
> > (212) 696-9208
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
DANIEL HENEGHAN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2004
CJ,

If you think that I am distorting evidence or otherwise not being trutfull
in my assessment and opinion of the H1B program, the false, dishonest,
assumptions that went into it, and the real harmful impact that it has had
on hundreds of thousands of American workers, then call me on it. Tell me
where I am wrong.

regards,
"CJ Taylor" <cege [ahh ttt] tavayn wooohooo hooo ohhh com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this necessary every 6 months Dan?
>
>
>
> "DANIEL HENEGHAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zbm5d.120$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > Election day is coming up. It is clear that the interestes of tech

workers
> > do not lay with either of the parties, therefore the best strategry for

> your
> > interests is to punish the incumbent, George Bush.
> >
> > During the past 4 years 400,000 tech jobs have been lost. Despite this

the
> > govenment not only clings on to the discredited H1B program but is

> actually
> > advocating for an increase in the number of foreigners to be brought

over
> > and take American jobs. It is absurd to argue that these are jobs that
> > Americans cannot/willnot do. Americans are the best software developers

in
> > the world, are now and always have been. Name a single significant

product
> > or develope that ever came from India or China.
> >
> > Nonetheless, industry and ethnic advocates have hoodwinked American
> > politicians and the gullible sheep that we refer to as mainstream media.
> > Industry id not hoodwinked, they want their labor to be cheap, fearful

and
> > pliable. H1B's do nothing to advance the interestes of the vast majority

> of
> > Americans, they only advance the interests of a miniscule minority of
> > ethinic advocates (Indian, Chinese, Latin) and greedy entrepreuners who

> only
> > care of their own fortune, not yours.
> >
> > Bush did not create this problem, but he has presided over it for 4

years,
> > has done nothing and is inclined to make it worse. Punish Bush at the

> polls
> > for his contempt of the American worker and his family. These worlds

come
> > from a life-long Republican.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Heneghan
> > Ceara Systems
> > (212) 696-9208
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
CJ Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2004
Daniel,

We talked about this a couple months ago. I don't think that H1B's can be
considered the primary reason, if even the secondary reason for a 400,000+
IT job fallout. If anything it goes back to April of 2001 when a lot of
companies were called on the carpet for inflated/false returns. No money,
no jobs, american and H1B both.

As for foreigners coming over to take American jobs, and being encouraged to
do so. I don't necessarily consider that to be false. But so many
Americans are just asking for way too much money from companies that don't
have it to pay them. The days of a 150,000+/yr w/ 50k+ signing and car, cat
and boat are just over. And no one seems to want to settle on that.

As for American's being the best software developers in the world? Well,
for american companies sure, if you can afford them (because it seems all of
them are 1099's) and get what you want out of them. But I have seen a lot
of consultants and independent developers pull a lot of bait-and-switch
tactics as well, especially around project completion. Or suddenly have
hidden charges. It's a tainted market.

I believe everyone should be paid. And I believe that Americans should have
American jobs, don't get me wrong there. But at the same time, I think 90%
of the software development market is complete s***. There are a lot, and I
do mean *a lot* of hacks out there. American and H1B both. Hell, you have
even more in the offshore development houses (not all... there are a few out
there that are good).

So coming down to it, is it H1B's fault? Maybe, but not the cause. There
are just a lot of bad programmers out there, no one knows who to trust and
money isn't flying around like it used to.

But if you think John Kerry is going to straigten this thing out, you've got
another thing coming. It took him months to finally make a vague statement
of how he would handle Iraq. A war he wants/doesn't want/wants/doesn't
want/wants/doesn't want to be a part of. How do you think he's going to
handle this?

Peace,
CJ



"DANIEL HENEGHAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsSL5d.3748$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> CJ,
>
> If you think that I am distorting evidence or otherwise not being trutfull
> in my assessment and opinion of the H1B program, the false, dishonest,
> assumptions that went into it, and the real harmful impact that it has had
> on hundreds of thousands of American workers, then call me on it. Tell me
> where I am wrong.
>
> regards,
> "CJ Taylor" <cege [ahh ttt] tavayn wooohooo hooo ohhh com> wrote in

message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is this necessary every 6 months Dan?
> >
> >
> >
> > "DANIEL HENEGHAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:zbm5d.120$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > > Election day is coming up. It is clear that the interestes of tech

> workers
> > > do not lay with either of the parties, therefore the best strategry

for
> > your
> > > interests is to punish the incumbent, George Bush.
> > >
> > > During the past 4 years 400,000 tech jobs have been lost. Despite this

> the
> > > govenment not only clings on to the discredited H1B program but is

> > actually
> > > advocating for an increase in the number of foreigners to be brought

> over
> > > and take American jobs. It is absurd to argue that these are jobs that
> > > Americans cannot/willnot do. Americans are the best software

developers
> in
> > > the world, are now and always have been. Name a single significant

> product
> > > or develope that ever came from India or China.
> > >
> > > Nonetheless, industry and ethnic advocates have hoodwinked American
> > > politicians and the gullible sheep that we refer to as mainstream

media.
> > > Industry id not hoodwinked, they want their labor to be cheap, fearful

> and
> > > pliable. H1B's do nothing to advance the interestes of the vast

majority
> > of
> > > Americans, they only advance the interests of a miniscule minority of
> > > ethinic advocates (Indian, Chinese, Latin) and greedy entrepreuners

who
> > only
> > > care of their own fortune, not yours.
> > >
> > > Bush did not create this problem, but he has presided over it for 4

> years,
> > > has done nothing and is inclined to make it worse. Punish Bush at the

> > polls
> > > for his contempt of the American worker and his family. These worlds

> come
> > > from a life-long Republican.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Daniel Heneghan
> > > Ceara Systems
> > > (212) 696-9208
> > > (E-Mail Removed)
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Kevin Spencer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2004
> Tell me where I am wrong.

Okay, Daniel, here's where you're wrong:

This is a Microsoft ASP.Net technical support newsgroup. This is not a
platform for political debate. Therefore, your entire effort in this
newsgroup is wrong. I could go on regarding your logic, but I would be as
guilty as you if I did.

Everyone thinks that their personal axe to grind is so important that an
exception should be made. However, if you made an exception for everyone, it
would be a rule, not an exception. Most of the rest of us realize that and
behave accordingly.

Please pontificate where it is appreciated and does NOT have the opposite
effect from what you desire, that is, of driving people away from your point
of view because they are so annoyed with your lack of common netiquette.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer
..Net Developer
Microsoft MVP
I get paid good money to
solve puzzles for a living

"DANIEL HENEGHAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsSL5d.3748$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> CJ,
>
> If you think that I am distorting evidence or otherwise not being trutfull
> in my assessment and opinion of the H1B program, the false, dishonest,
> assumptions that went into it, and the real harmful impact that it has had
> on hundreds of thousands of American workers, then call me on it. Tell me
> where I am wrong.
>
> regards,
> "CJ Taylor" <cege [ahh ttt] tavayn wooohooo hooo ohhh com> wrote in

message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is this necessary every 6 months Dan?
> >
> >
> >
> > "DANIEL HENEGHAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:zbm5d.120$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > > Election day is coming up. It is clear that the interestes of tech

> workers
> > > do not lay with either of the parties, therefore the best strategry

for
> > your
> > > interests is to punish the incumbent, George Bush.
> > >
> > > During the past 4 years 400,000 tech jobs have been lost. Despite this

> the
> > > govenment not only clings on to the discredited H1B program but is

> > actually
> > > advocating for an increase in the number of foreigners to be brought

> over
> > > and take American jobs. It is absurd to argue that these are jobs that
> > > Americans cannot/willnot do. Americans are the best software

developers
> in
> > > the world, are now and always have been. Name a single significant

> product
> > > or develope that ever came from India or China.
> > >
> > > Nonetheless, industry and ethnic advocates have hoodwinked American
> > > politicians and the gullible sheep that we refer to as mainstream

media.
> > > Industry id not hoodwinked, they want their labor to be cheap, fearful

> and
> > > pliable. H1B's do nothing to advance the interestes of the vast

majority
> > of
> > > Americans, they only advance the interests of a miniscule minority of
> > > ethinic advocates (Indian, Chinese, Latin) and greedy entrepreuners

who
> > only
> > > care of their own fortune, not yours.
> > >
> > > Bush did not create this problem, but he has presided over it for 4

> years,
> > > has done nothing and is inclined to make it worse. Punish Bush at the

> > polls
> > > for his contempt of the American worker and his family. These worlds

> come
> > > from a life-long Republican.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Daniel Heneghan
> > > Ceara Systems
> > > (212) 696-9208
> > > (E-Mail Removed)
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JOBs............JOBs............JOBs hardikh2000 Python 0 08-16-2005 03:55 AM



Advertisments