Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Turning rows into columns

Turning rows into columns

Erik Cruz

Hi.

I have a repeater control bound to an ArrayList. When displaying the data, I
need to show 3 columns per row, each column being one entry of my ArrayList,
but the repeater understands that each record is a new line. Using
ItemTemplate and AlternateItemTemplate I could display two columns but I
need another one. How can I display records on columns instead of rows using
the repeater control?

TIA,
Erik Cruz

Hermit Dave

i tend to use DataList control which has more functionality. Plus in
DataList you can create you own template on how you want to display the
data. You could choose to display it as a single row or multiple rows.. the
choice is yours. Give it a try.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
"Erik Cruz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> I have a repeater control bound to an ArrayList. When displaying the data,

> need to show 3 columns per row, each column being one entry of my

ArrayList,
> but the repeater understands that each record is a new line. Using
> ItemTemplate and AlternateItemTemplate I could display two columns but I
> need another one. How can I display records on columns instead of rows

using
> the repeater control?
>
> TIA,
> Erik Cruz

Hermit Dave

oooops sorry misunderstood your question.. not sure datalist will
necessarily help

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave