Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > The "Band Name" Game...

The "Band Name" Game...

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Hey, I saw this game being played on EbaumsWorld forums and it's fun. Basically it works like this. You say the name of a band, but differently, using synanoms or descriptions of the words in the name of the band. For instance.
River in Hell = Styx
PB Dirigible = Led Zeppelin (PB being the periodic symbol for Lead of course)
And so forth.
You take turns, when you give the answer you get to post a band name of your choice for others to take a stab at.
Here's a starter.
Alternating Current Illumination Symphony

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

= recurrent faddy ray philharmonic
Grinspoon =

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Um, no, not hardly. You can't post your own unless you get the last one right. So try again.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

AC light blub band

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Damn, you're not real good at this. I'll call a do-over, maybe you're just not old enough... ???
The band was: Electric Light Orchestra
New band: Yellow and Blue Diurnal Period

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

something day time? I dunno... AH! GREENDAY! Did i get it right? If so, can anyone get:
Involving many roots?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

COLOUR FULL DAY JUICE!!! man i do suck, i though we were supposed to guess the name of the no existant band

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

At least try and get the last one right Unholy.... Give it a go.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

treehuggers?

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

One chance for anyone else now, Unholy has had his go. I'll wait for Modfather to guess, then reveal the answer.