Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Junk filter not as good in TB 0.6

Junk filter not as good in TB 0.6

Scott McCarthy

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else experienced this? I've just upgraded to TB 0.6, and
I've noticed that a lot more junk is getting through into my inbox than
before in 0.5. I know that one of the changes in 0.5 is "improved junk
filter" but it seems worse to me! Or is there something I'm missing?

The Junk filter is active, as it does trap some junk, but nowhere near
as much as in 0.5.

Any help appriaciated.

Cheers

Scott

Leonidas Jones

Scott McCarthy wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? I've just upgraded to TB 0.6, and
> I've noticed that a lot more junk is getting through into my inbox than
> before in 0.5. I know that one of the changes in 0.5 is "improved junk
> filter" but it seems worse to me! Or is there something I'm missing?
>
> The Junk filter is active, as it does trap some junk, but nowhere near
> as much as in 0.5.
>
> Any help appriaciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Scott

I don't think this should really be. training.dat, the junk mail rule
file, is stored in your profile, and should be unaffected by the new
install, unless you have chosen to delete it and start afresh.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

Edd

from the Thunderbird release notes:

"To get the best possible experience from the new junk mail controls, we
highly recommend that you re-train the filters from scratch. Tools >
Junk Mail Controls > Adaptive Filters > Reset Training Data. Be sure to
train an equal number of good and junk messages. We recommend several
hundred messages of each."

Hope this helps

Cheers
//Edd

T'bird junk filter Jim S Firefox 3 01-18-2007 11:47 AM
outlook junk filter setting Jim Scott Computer Support 6 07-27-2005 06:20 PM
Junk Mail Filter Chili Firefox 11 02-01-2005 07:21 AM
Backing up Junk Mail Filter. fety Firefox 1 01-29-2005 01:33 AM
Junk mail adaptive filter transferability Jowah Firefox 8 12-01-2004 11:54 PM

Advertisments