Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Application Error when closing Mozilla

Application Error when closing Mozilla

Jim Sanchez

I've been seeing an application error box pop up when I close Mozilla
for some time now - at least the last three releases. I'm running an
ATI Radion 7200 video card with the latest ATI drivers@1024 X 768 32Bit
although earlier drivers did the same thing too. What the error box
said is that some memory location cannot be read. If anyone has a
suggestion about this I'd love to hear it.
Thanks to all
Jim
--
Jim Sanchez - Bellevue WA
JH_Sanchez AT hotmail.com

Moz Champion

Jim Sanchez wrote:

> I've been seeing an application error box pop up when I close Mozilla
> for some time now - at least the last three releases. I'm running an
> ATI Radion 7200 video card with the latest ATI drivers@1024 X 768 32Bit
> although earlier drivers did the same thing too. What the error box
> said is that some memory location cannot be read. If anyone has a
> suggestion about this I'd love to hear it.
> Thanks to all
> Jim

Whats the exact text of the error message.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Jim Sanchez

Is says "The instruction at 0x03c4e787 referenced memory at
"0x03d7007c". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the
program" The memory location varies. I have run extensive memory
diagnostics and have replace the video card. Nothing seems to resolve
the issue. I'm using win2k w/latest SP and patches on an Asus A7V133
mobo.
Thanks
Jim
In article <dy1nc.57053$(E-Mail Removed)>,

Jim Sanchez wrote:

> Is says "The instruction at 0x03c4e787 referenced memory at
> "0x03d7007c". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the
> program" The memory location varies. I have run extensive memory
> diagnostics and have replace the video card. Nothing seems to resolve
> the issue. I'm using win2k w/latest SP and patches on an Asus A7V133
> mobo.
> Thanks
> Jim
> In article <dy1nc.57053$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Jim Sanchez wrote:
>>

>>>I've been seeing an application error box pop up when I close Mozilla
>>>for some time now - at least the last three releases. I'm running an
>>>ATI Radion 7200 video card with the latest ATI drivers@1024 X 768 32Bit
>>>although earlier drivers did the same thing too. What the error box
>>>said is that some memory location cannot be read. If anyone has a
>>>suggestion about this I'd love to hear it.
>>>Thanks to all
>>>Jim

>>Whats the exact text of the error message.

Thats a system error. Somewhere, someplace, something is not quite right with your system, but unfortunately, I dont have enough experience to know where or what, or to even fault find it.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org