Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > JS development tool?

JS development tool?

Gordan

I'm just wondering - is there a JS developing tool?

I'm using Notepad, IE and a lot of F5 key )
using some better text editor that highlights code is definitely better but
I never found debugging or similar functions in any tool

what do You use to code JS?

Gordan

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

"Gordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I'm just wondering - is there a JS developing tool?
>
> I'm using Notepad, IE and a lot of F5 key )

> what do You use to code JS?

Emacs and Opera. I.e., the same method as you. The advantage is that
Opera gives better error messages than IE (which is really
uninformative!). Mozilla also gives good error messages.

I use a Javascript "test bench" for testing ideas before adding them
to a page. <URL:http://www.infimum.dk/HTML/javascript/jstest6.html>

If I need to debug, I usually add alerts up to a point, then I start
the Venkman debugger in Mozilla.

/L