Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Popup windows ("window.open") no longer works!

Popup windows ("window.open") no longer works!

owen

For some reason pop up windows are no longer working on my pc. And no, I
dont have any popup killer installed. The problem is across all websites I
look at on my browser.

Is there any obvious reason this might happen? I haven't changed any
settings, but if there's somethign I could check I'd be grateful if someone
could point it out to me!

Thanks!
Owen

owen

"owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3jW9b.3720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For some reason pop up windows are no longer working on my pc. And no, I
> dont have any popup killer installed. The problem is across all websites

> look at on my browser.
>
> Is there any obvious reason this might happen? I haven't changed any
> settings, but if there's somethign I could check I'd be grateful if

someone
> could point it out to me!

Forgot to mention, I am using IE6.

rf

"owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3jW9b.3720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For some reason pop up windows are no longer working on my pc.

And your're complaining?

Cheers
Richard.

owen

"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:asW9b.108026$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3jW9b.3720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > For some reason pop up windows are no longer working on my pc.

> And your're complaining?

Only because there's a legacy system here which requires popups to work.
Personally I hate 'em.!

Owen

Grant Wagner

owen wrote:

> For some reason pop up windows are no longer working on my pc. And no, I
> dont have any popup killer installed. The problem is across all websites I
> look at on my browser.
>
> Is there any obvious reason this might happen? I haven't changed any
> settings, but if there's somethign I could check I'd be grateful if someone
> could point it out to me!
>
> Thanks!
> Owen

Do you use the Google toolbar? It may have updated itself with version 2.x,
which includes a popup blocker.

--
| Grant Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)>

*