Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Does anybody have any ideas?

Does anybody have any ideas?

Erik

I have a bunch of thumb nails on my site that open up a jpg in a new
window if you click on it. I would like to know if there is a way that
I can make it so that if you click on a particular thumb nail that the
link that is associated with it will open up in a pop up that is 700
X500. I know how to do this by defining each link (thumb nail) but
since I have about 100 thumb nail links that would be too much work.
Is there something that I can put into the <head> that will make ALL
my links in the body open up in a pop up?

The page I want to do this with is at
www.eriksworld.org
The thumb nail frame.

All the best
Erik
Sweden

George M Jempty

Erik wrote:

> <SNIP>

Yes, my idea is come up with a more descriptive subject title

DU

Erik wrote:
> I have a bunch of thumb nails on my site that open up a jpg in a new
> window if you click on it. I would like to know if there is a way that
> I can make it so that if you click on a particular thumb nail that the
> link that is associated with it will open up in a pop up that is 700
> X500. I know how to do this by defining each link (thumb nail) but
> since I have about 100 thumb nail links that would be too much work.
> Is there something that I can put into the <head> that will make ALL
> my links in the body open up in a pop up?
>
> The page I want to do this with is at
> www.eriksworld.org
> The thumb nail frame.
>
> All the best
> Erik
> Sweden

My idea is to tell people to write descriptive, meaningful but short
subject line so that if someone ever search in the newsgroup archives
for some ideas on some explicitly defined subject line, then it will be
a lot more easier for him and others as well.

DU
--
Javascript and Browser bugs:
http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunc...e7Section.html

Ivo

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Erik) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> I have a bunch of thumb nails on my site that open up a jpg in ...
> www.eriksworld.org
> The thumb nail frame.

Yes, like has been said before: better subject lines. I tried not to
be ****ed off immediately and loaded your page. However, you have
disabled my contextmenu. How do you expect help if we can't even see
your code???
Like has been said before: anti-rightclick scripts are *not necessary*
for people that never right-click, and are *annoying* and nothing but
annoying for people that do. You see, I have a marvellous 'restore
right-click' bookmarklet, that even works in frames:
javascript:for(i=0;i<document.frames.length;i++)wi th(document.frames[i]){void(document.onmousedown='return%20true');void( document.oncontextmenu='return%20true');void(docum ent.onmouseup='return%20true');void(document.body. onmousedown='return%20true');void(document.body.on contextmenu='return%20true');void(document.body.on mouseup='return%20true');}

but it only works if all frames are from the same domain, which is not
the case with your pages. That 's where I stopped. I hope you read up
on window.open method meanwhile.
HTH
Ivo