Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > javascript popup window that stays in front of parent window?

javascript popup window that stays in front of parent window?

Simon Wigzell

I have a couple of utility windows - a calculator and a calendar that popup
from my main window. I would like them to always stay in front of the parent
window until they are shut down with there own close buttons. As it is, when
you click back to the parent window, of course it comes in front of the
child windows. Can I do this?

Egbert Beuker

You can use the showModalDialog method!
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...thor/dhtml/ref
erence/methods/showmodaldialog.asp

"Simon Wigzell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NC29b.950877$(E-Mail Removed). ca...
> I have a couple of utility windows - a calculator and a calendar that

popup
> from my main window. I would like them to always stay in front of the

parent
> window until they are shut down with there own close buttons. As it is,

when
> you click back to the parent window, of course it comes in front of the
> child windows. Can I do this?

Simon Wigzell

*snip*

Thanks, but that won't quiet do it! That method means you can't access the
parent window until you have closed the popup window. Any way to just have
it stay there in front even if you go back to work in the parent window?

Egbert Beuker

yes, then you should use the showModeLessDialog method!
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...thor/dhtml/ref
erence/methods/showmodelessdialog.asp

"Simon Wigzell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vk39b.958011$(E-Mail Removed). ca...
> *snip*
>
> Thanks, but that won't quiet do it! That method means you can't access the
> parent window until you have closed the popup window. Any way to just have
> it stay there in front even if you go back to work in the parent window?

Simon Wigzell

*snip*

Perfect, thanks for your patience!