Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Cookies set one time, I delete cookie, cookie is never set again!

Cookies set one time, I delete cookie, cookie is never set again!

Phil Powell

I am having this problem: My PHP script will set a cookie, it's there in my
/Cookies folder. I delete the cookie (I have to for testing purposes, the
PHP script I run behaves according to this cookie existing or not) and run
the script again. Everything runs fine, but the cookie is never set again.

Does anyone know why this happens? I am using Win2000 Professional with IE
6. Cookies are being set with PHP and Javascript.

Thanx
Phil

Janwillem Borleffs

"Phil Powell" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht

> Does anyone know why this happens? I am using Win2000 Professional with

IE
> 6. Cookies are being set with PHP and Javascript.

Try deleting the cookie with the expires argument set to a date in the past
and look what happens then.

JW

Grant Wagner

Phil Powell wrote:

> I am having this problem: My PHP script will set a cookie, it's there in my
> /Cookies folder. I delete the cookie (I have to for testing purposes, the
> PHP script I run behaves according to this cookie existing or not) and run
> the script again. Everything runs fine, but the cookie is never set again.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens? I am using Win2000 Professional with IE
> 6. Cookies are being set with PHP and Javascript.
>
> Thanx
> Phil

This isn't really a JavaScript question, and you haven't provided a lot of
details, but my first guess is that IE keeps a copy of cookies received during
a session (the time the app is running to the time it is shut down) in memory.
As a result, deleting the cookie from disk doesn't change IE's opinion that it
already has a copy of the cookie and does not need to write another to disk.

My first suggestion would be to close IE, delete the cookie, then start IE
again.

--
| Grant Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)>

*