Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Staying Framed

Staying Framed

Jamal

Hi,

I have been searching around for a way to ensure a page stays framed.
Here's the catch. The user starts at a two-frame page with the Google
directory in one frame. I want the user to be able to navigate
through the Google directory, but within the frame. Google has some
sort of frame-busting script on this page and I need to find a work
around. The standard,

if (top.location == self.location) {
top.location = 'page.html'
}
script doesn't work because I can't place this script in Google's
page. I have to control it from my pages, either the frameset page or
the other frame.

Thanks for the help
Jamal.

Evertjan.

Jamal wrote on 31 aug 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:
> script doesn't work because I can't place this script in Google's
> page. I have to control it from my pages, either the frameset page or
> the other frame.

Google is not yours, do the "have to" is a bit meaningless.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jamal) writes:

> I have been searching around for a way to ensure a page stays framed.

> Google has some sort of frame-busting script on this page and I need
> to find a work around.

There is none, if you are talking a normal web page.

In that case, you might also need to check the legality of creating
a derivative work without Google's permission.

If this is only for yourself on a computer you control, try looking
into HTML applications for IE.
/L