Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Output from web to label printer

Output from web to label printer

Kyle

I need to take text from a database, turn it into a barcode from the
Web and print to a Zebra Z4M barcode printer. I am stuck at two
separate approaches.

1. Use ZPL II (Zebra's proprietary language to command the printer)
which is executed at a DOS Prompt with "COPY BarCode.txt LPT1" Is
there any way to run that from the web. Also, is there any other
method of sending the information in the text file to the printer?

2. Use some sort of ActiveX object to compile a barcode label image,
then use another ActiveX object to remove the Header/Footer and
Margins from the IE printout. I have found ActiveX objects that can
compile the image, but have not found anything to block out the
Header/Footer and Margins.

Any help and/or samples would be greatly appreciated

Jim Ley

On 20 Aug 2003 09:48:10 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Kyle) wrote:

>I need to take text from a database, turn it into a barcode from the
>Web and print to a Zebra Z4M barcode printer. I am stuck at two
>separate approaches.

No idea where the cross post comes from , or the relevance to the
groups, but why not just use a barcode font, and print it...

If the users may not have a barcode font, use something like SVG which
allows you to embed fonts.

Jim.

MontereySoft

The easiest way is to use embed font technology and embed a barcode
font in your web page. Here is the details:

http://support.morovia.com/support/f..._web_email.asp

Best regards,
Tom