Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Tabular Data Control question

Tabular Data Control question

James Broome

Hello,

I am using the TDC Active X object to display a results set from a txt
file. I have a simple search form which builds up a filter string
before the tdc control is reset.

e.g.

var filterstr = 'name = *SMITH*';
window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.filter=fi lterstr;
window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.Reset();

My text file is made up of free text columns and the search will only
match on exact case matches. How do i get around the problem of case
sensitvity in my filter? Is there an equivalent of the upper() or
toUpperCase() function that i could wrap around my columns names to to
ensure that case is not an issue?

e.g.

var filterstr = 'upper(name) = *SMITH*';
window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.filter=fi lterstr;
window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.Reset();

This falls over but does anyone know if this is possible and, if so,
the correct way to do this?

Cheers

James

James Broome

I have solved this...

var filterstr = 'name = *SMITH*';
window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.CaseSensi tive=false;

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (James Broome) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hello,
>
> I am using the TDC Active X object to display a results set from a txt
> file. I have a simple search form which builds up a filter string
> before the tdc control is reset.
>
> e.g.
>
> var filterstr = 'name = *SMITH*';
> window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.filter=fi lterstr;
> window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.Reset();
>
> My text file is made up of free text columns and the search will only
> match on exact case matches. How do i get around the problem of case
> sensitvity in my filter? Is there an equivalent of the upper() or
> toUpperCase() function that i could wrap around my columns names to to
> ensure that case is not an issue?
>
> e.g.
>
> var filterstr = 'upper(name) = *SMITH*';
> window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.filter=fi lterstr;
> window.parent.frames(2).document.all.tdc.Reset();
>
> This falls over but does anyone know if this is possible and, if so,
> the correct way to do this?
>
> Cheers
>
> James

Tabular Data Control With Links and Thumbnail Will Javascript 3 06-26-2009 09:40 AM
Tabular Data Control Anon Javascript 0 05-22-2008 02:45 PM
Microsoft TDC (Tabular Data Control) Search function Omicron Javascript 9 03-26-2008 05:25 AM
Want help on how we convert output to tabular format Using the expat parser (http://expat.sourceforge.net/) i have to parse the following xml file and print it on the screen in tabular format. sharan XML 1 10-26-2007 01:20 PM
live hyperlinks and Tabular Data Control (tdc) that ships with IE4.0. bobdedogh@ukonline.co.uk Javascript 4 06-15-2005 06:30 PM

Advertisments