Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Best _production ready_ O/R mapper for dot.net

Best _production ready_ O/R mapper for dot.net

Flare

Hi

Im coming from a J2EE world and have used Hibernate very succesfully.

Now I have to choose wich O/R mapping to use in my next ASP.NET project for
the persistence layer. The next projet is NOW so I canīt wait for projects
to mature.

I have looked at this list:
http://sharptoolbox.madgeek.com/Page...4c3a6a9d6.aspx

But its pretty hard to judge wich project is mature to use in production:

The obvious is ADO.NET Dataset (typed/untyped) but I REALLY donīt like to
work with them. Done some testing and find them hard to work with. AIm I
really wrong here? Is ADO.NET defacto to use in dot.net today and I am the
one not undestanding the brilliance in ADO.NET?

What about:
-------------
Gentle.net
Wilson ORMapper for .NET
OJB.NET
nHibernate <<< Too bad its alpha. I need the O/R now.

Others wich i should be aware of?

Thank you very much
Anders, Denmark

Karl Seguin

I like Paul Wilson's...it's pretty solid...

you should also consider:
http://www.thona-consulting.com/cont...itybroker.aspx

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Flare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Im coming from a J2EE world and have used Hibernate very succesfully.
>
> Now I have to choose wich O/R mapping to use in my next ASP.NET project

for
> the persistence layer. The next projet is NOW so I canīt wait for projects
> to mature.
>
> I have looked at this list:

http://sharptoolbox.madgeek.com/Page...4c3a6a9d6.aspx

> But its pretty hard to judge wich project is mature to use in production:
>
> The obvious is ADO.NET Dataset (typed/untyped) but I REALLY donīt like to
> work with them. Done some testing and find them hard to work with. AIm I
> really wrong here? Is ADO.NET defacto to use in dot.net today and I am the
> one not undestanding the brilliance in ADO.NET?
>
> What about:
> -------------
> Gentle.net
> Wilson ORMapper for .NET
> OJB.NET
> nHibernate <<< Too bad its alpha. I need the O/R now.
>
> Others wich i should be aware of?
>
> Thank you very much
> Anders, Denmark

Flare

>I like Paul Wilson's...it's pretty solid...

Looks ok. But eg. lacks the ability to join. Hmmmm!

> you should also consider:
> http://www.thona-consulting.com/cont...itybroker.aspx

Looked good. But the documentation is a joke! Canīt build a product on
that(!).

Other suggestions?

Anders, Denmark

Miha Markic [MVP C#]

Developer Express has XPO (eXpress Persistent Objects).
http://www.devexpress.com/?section=/products/NET/XPO

--
Miha Markic [MVP C#] - RightHand .NET consulting & development
miha at rthand com

"Flare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Im coming from a J2EE world and have used Hibernate very succesfully.
>
> Now I have to choose wich O/R mapping to use in my next ASP.NET project
> for the persistence layer. The next projet is NOW so I canīt wait for
> projects to mature.
>
> I have looked at this list:
> http://sharptoolbox.madgeek.com/Page...4c3a6a9d6.aspx
>
> But its pretty hard to judge wich project is mature to use in production:
>
> The obvious is ADO.NET Dataset (typed/untyped) but I REALLY donīt like to
> work with them. Done some testing and find them hard to work with. AIm I
> really wrong here? Is ADO.NET defacto to use in dot.net today and I am the
> one not undestanding the brilliance in ADO.NET?
>
> What about:
> -------------
> Gentle.net
> Wilson ORMapper for .NET
> OJB.NET
> nHibernate <<< Too bad its alpha. I need the O/R now.
>
> Others wich i should be aware of?
>
> Thank you very much
> Anders, Denmark

Flare

"Miha Markic [MVP C#]" <miha at rthand com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Developer Express has XPO (eXpress Persistent Objects).
> http://www.devexpress.com/?section=/products/NET/XPO

Looks really great. Its says that it only supports MSSQL, Oracle, SAP...We
might have to do quite alot of interaction with a postgres sql server.
Dosent it support odbc or simular?

Anders

Miha Markic [MVP C#]

Hi Flare,

AFAIK There is XPO2 comming which will let you create your own provider
specific code.
I strongly recommend you to contact http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (very nice guys
) and ask them directly.

--
Miha Markic [MVP C#] - RightHand .NET consulting & development
miha at rthand com
www.rthand.com

"Flare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Miha Markic [MVP C#]" <miha at rthand com> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Developer Express has XPO (eXpress Persistent Objects).
>> http://www.devexpress.com/?section=/products/NET/XPO

> Looks really great. Its says that it only supports MSSQL, Oracle, SAP...We
> might have to do quite alot of interaction with a postgres sql server.
> Dosent it support odbc or simular?
>
> Anders

Frans Bouma [C# MVP]

Flare wrote:

> Hi
>
> Im coming from a J2EE world and have used Hibernate very succesfully.
>
> Now I have to choose wich O/R mapping to use in my next ASP.NET project for
> the persistence layer. The next projet is NOW so I canīt wait for projects
> to mature.
>
> I have looked at this list:
> http://sharptoolbox.madgeek.com/Page...40-9987-8744c3
> a6a9d6.aspx
>
> But its pretty hard to judge wich project is mature to use in production:
>
> The obvious is ADO.NET Dataset (typed/untyped) but I REALLY donīt like to
> work with them. Done some testing and find them hard to work with. AIm I
> really wrong here? Is ADO.NET defacto to use in dot.net today and I am the
> one not undestanding the brilliance in ADO.NET?
>
> What about:
> -------------
> Gentle.net
> Wilson ORMapper for .NET
> OJB.NET
> nHibernate <<< Too bad its alpha. I need the O/R now.
>
> Others wich i should be aware of?

LLBLGen Pro. (http://www.llblgen.com )
Mature, widely used O/R mapper (over 47 countries), enterprise proven
technology. We'll release a major update today or tomorrow, of course free
for customers

FB

--
Get LLBLGen Pro, productive O/R mapping for .NET: http://www.llblgen.com
My .NET Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/fbouma

Frans Bouma [C# MVP]

Flare wrote:

> "Miha Markic [MVP C#]" <miha at rthand com> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Developer Express has XPO (eXpress Persistent Objects).
> > http://www.devexpress.com/?section=/products/NET/XPO

> Looks really great. Its says that it only supports MSSQL, Oracle, SAP...We
> might have to do quite alot of interaction with a postgres sql server.
> Dosent it support odbc or simular?

If you have to target a postgresql box, you'll be out of luck with almost
any O/R mapper for .NET I'm afraid. (for now, working on it

FB

--
Get LLBLGen Pro, productive O/R mapping for .NET: http://www.llblgen.com
My .NET Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/fbouma
Microsoft C# MVP

Sayed Hashimi

You definately want to have a look at ORM.NET at sourceforge. It's
well into the production release so it is fairly mature.

sayed

Java Data Mapper JavaEnquirer Java 5 02-28-2006 07:35 PM
MyGeneration for .NET (100% Free Code Generator / OR Mapper) MyGeneration ASP .Net 0 01-25-2005 03:20 AM
JDO or O/R Mapper ? Deepak Nayal Java 5 02-12-2004 02:59 AM
Site mapper programs? LRW HTML 7 12-12-2003 04:51 AM
Re: Looking for web page site mapper Nico Schuyt HTML 1 07-13-2003 12:22 PM

Advertisments