Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Finding file size in javascript

Finding file size in javascript

Sangeeta

Hi,

Is there a way to find the size of an uploaded file using javascript?
I am using <input type="file"/> for uploading the file in an aspx
page.

Thanks,
Sangeeta

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Hi,

Sangeeta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to find the size of an uploaded file using javascript?
> I am using <input type="file"/> for uploading the file in an aspx
> page.
>
> Thanks,
> Sangeeta

It's impossible in normal security conditions on the client.

Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
Webdesign, Java, JavaScript: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch