Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > XSL transformation and javascript inclusion problem of external .js files

XSL transformation and javascript inclusion problem of external .js files

Ali Asghar

Hi,
Please I need help.I have a problem of client side XSL
transformation. I sent the XML and the XSL to the client in XML data
islands. Using the transform Node method the HTML is returned. There
is however some script tag in the XSL file which references external
..js files they are like

<SCRIPT language="Javascript" src="abc.js" DEFER="true" />

Now, after transformation the function from this .js file are not
called and object required errors are thrown. This is despite the fact
that IE has downloaded the .js file and they are visisble in the cache
(Temporary Internet Files). This problem only occurs if the .js file
is not present in the cache, hence it happens when the user visits
some site for the first time.

Any pointers about that. Thanx in advance.

Ali Asghar Safri
ITIM Associates (Pvt) Ltd.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

"Berislav Lopac" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Just change the above to:
>
> <script language="Javascript" src="abc.js" defer="true"></script>

Out of pedantism, I sugges you try to validate that. This will validate:

<script type="text/javascript" src="abc.js" defer="defer"></script>

/L