Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Submit form without having loaded corresponding page?

Submit form without having loaded corresponding page?

jetmarc

Hi.

I hope that .javascript is the correct group for this question. I
have
a device with embedded webserver. Its page offers to reset the
device,
with the following javascript function:

function Restart()
{
if (confirm("Your Web browser will lose contact with the
camera.\nAre you sure you want to restart the camera?"))
{
var form = document.WizardForm
form.do_reboot.value = "yes"
form.submit()
}
}

Now I want to execute the reset function automatically on a
timeschedule
(every 24 hours, from crontab). How do I accomplish this? I guess I
need something like the reverse of WGET - something like a WPUT or
WSUBMIT, that talks to the embedded web server and submits a form with
do_reboot = "yes". However, I have never heard of any such tool.

How can I trigger the functionality in an automated way, without
browsing
the page and clicking the button manually?

Marc