Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > tabIndex Help Please???

tabIndex Help Please???

Brad Isaacs

Dear friends,

I am using tabIndex and it works with my IE 5.5, IE6.0, and the NN6
browsers.

However, it does not work for NN4. After reading online & seeing in my
JavScript Bible that it is NOT COMPATIBLE for NN4,,

I am wondering if there is anyone out there with any ideas ,,as to how I may
get the same tabbing sequence within NN4 without the use of tabIndex??

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Brad

Philip Ronan

On 03.7.23 5:40 PM, Brad Isaacs wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I am using tabIndex and it works with my IE 5.5, IE6.0, and the NN6
> browsers.
>
> However, it does not work for NN4. After reading online & seeing in my
> JavScript Bible that it is NOT COMPATIBLE for NN4,,
>
> I am wondering if there is anyone out there with any ideas ,,as to how I may
> get the same tabbing sequence within NN4 without the use of tabIndex??

Have you tried changing the order in which the form elements appear in the
HTML file?

Phil

--
Philip Ronan

Brad Isaacs

Dear Phil,

Can you please give me an example of what you mean?

I have my tabIndex ...set as the first element

<FORM tabIndex=#Request.tabIndex()#

This is works in IE 5.5, 6.0 NS 6..although not in NS 4...therein lies my
problem..............

Any ideas??

Brad Isaacs

"Philip Ronan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BB449A2B.16FEA%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 03.7.23 5:40 PM, Brad Isaacs wrote:
>
> > Dear friends,
> >
> > I am using tabIndex and it works with my IE 5.5, IE6.0, and the NN6
> > browsers.
> >
> > However, it does not work for NN4. After reading online & seeing in my
> > JavScript Bible that it is NOT COMPATIBLE for NN4,,
> >
> > I am wondering if there is anyone out there with any ideas ,,as to how I

may
> > get the same tabbing sequence within NN4 without the use of tabIndex??

> Have you tried changing the order in which the form elements appear in the
> HTML file?
>
> Phil
>
> --
> Philip Ronan
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (Please remove the "z"s if replying by email)

Philip Ronan

On 03.7.24 1:56 AM, Brad Isaacs wrote:

> Dear Phil,
>
> Can you please give me an example of what you mean?
>
> I have my tabIndex ...set as the first element
>
> <FORM tabIndex=#Request.tabIndex()#

You can't apply a tabindex to an entire form -- that isn't valid HTML.
The tabindex attribute is only supported by these elements: A, AREA, BUTTON,
INPUT, OBJECT, SELECT, and TEXTAREA.

If that still doesn't work, then my original suggestion was to arrange the
form elements in your HTML file in order of their tabbing index.

For example...

gives you a top-bottom left-right tabbing order, and

gives you a left-right top-bottom tabbing order.

But since you posted your HTML snippet I really have no idea what you're
trying to achieve here.

I hope this helps anyway

Phil

--
Philip Ronan
(E-Mail Removed)

Javascript tabindex forcing working fine in Firefox but not IE, HELP please! ScottRoot2@gmail.com HTML 2 01-10-2007 04:14 AM
how does TabIndex work? Jarod_24 ASP .Net 0 04-05-2004 01:34 PM
Re: TabIndex propery not working as expected for Server controls Natty Gur ASP .Net 1 03-03-2004 04:09 PM
Tabindex kai ASP .Net 2 01-09-2004 02:38 PM
TabIndex of DataGrids Ravikanth[MVP] ASP .Net 2 07-21-2003 04:09 PM

Advertisments