Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > how to get pop-up to link (and then close) to NON PARENT window???

how to get pop-up to link (and then close) to NON PARENT window???

DROdio

I have a parent window that calls a popup, but via a semi convoluted
process where it seems to lose its parent designation.

I want that pop up to have a link which will a) close the pop up and
b) redirect this "semi" parent window to another URL.

I could name the semi-parent window something, if that would help.

All the ideas I've seen online have to do with calling back to parent
windows, but they don't work for me.

Any thoughts?

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (DROdio) writes:

> I have a parent window that calls a popup, but via a semi convoluted
> process where it seems to lose its parent designation.

"parent designation"?
What happens, exactly?

> I want that pop up to have a link which will a) close the pop up and
> b) redirect this "semi" parent window to another URL.

So the "parent" window is not available through the "opener" reference?
Then make it available somehow. The script that opens the window could
write a reference to the original window into the new window object.

> All the ideas I've seen online have to do with calling back to parent
> windows, but they don't work for me.

"Don't work" is rather vague.

/L